Celtics Set to Open Eastern Conference Finals Against Cleveland Wednesday Night
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
“We got to get ready for the defending champs; we know that. The good thing about it is we’ve got home-court advantage, so we’ve got to be ready on Wednesday to try to take care of home court. We know it’s going to be tough, but at this point, anything can happen, and we really believe it," said Isaiah Thomas following Boston's game 7 win over Washington.
The Celtics advanced to the conference finals after beating the Washington Wizards in seven games.
Cleveland is in the conference finals for the third straight year after sweeping the Toronto Raptors.
Here is the full series schedule:
- Game 1 – Wed May 17 Cleveland at Boston 8:30 PM TNT
- Game 2 – Fri May 19 Cleveland at Boston 8:30 PM TNT
- Game 3 – Sun May 21 Boston at Cleveland 8:30 PM TNT
- Game 4 – Tue May 23 Boston at Cleveland 8:30 PM TNT
- Game 5 * Thu May 25 Cleveland at Boston 8:30 PM TNT
- Game 6 * Sat May 27 Boston at Cleveland 8:30 PM TNT
- Game 7 * Mon May 29 Cleveland at Boston 8:30PM TNT
Celtics vs Cavaliers
During the regular season, the Cavaliers had their way with the Celtics, winning three of the four meetings, including a 114-91 victory in the last meeting of the season on April 5.
In those games, LeBron James averaged 29.3 points, 9.5 rebounds, and 9.8 assists.
So far in this postseason, James has averaged 34.4 points, 9 rebounds, and 7 assists.
The Celtics will rely on Thomas to continue scoring both from three and in the paint.
Thomas has averaged 29 points per game, while shooting 60% from three in the Celtics game 7 win over Washington.
Tip-off is set for 8:30 p.m.
For more on the series, see the charts below.
- Celtics Blown Out by Cleveland 114-91, Fall Out of 1st Place
- Celtics Set to Face Cleveland in Battle for Eastern Conference’s Top Seed
- Thomas is a Game Time Decision as Celtics Open NBA Playoffs Against Chicago
- Celtics Star Thomas’ Sister Killed in Car Accident in Tacoma, Washington
- Thomas Scores 33 Points But Celtics Lose Game 1 to Bulls 106-102
- Celtics’ Crowder Has One of Most Team Friendly Contracts in NBA
- Celtics Sign Al Horford to 4-Year Deal
- NEW: Celtics Select Guerschon Yabusele With the 16th Pick in the Draft
- NEW: Celtics Select Ante Zizic With the 23rd Pick in the NBA Draft
- NEW: Boston Celtics Select Jaylen Brown With 3rd Pick in NBA Draft
- Celtics Add 6 Players in 2016 NBA Draft
- Celtics Fall to Bulls 111-97 in Game 2, Trail Series 2-0
- Celtics Climb Back in Series With 104-87 Win Over Bulls in Game 3
- Celtics Blown Out by Wizards 116-89 in Game 3
- Brawl in Celtics Game
- Celtics Give up 26 Straight Points En Route to 121-102 Game 4 Loss to Wizards
- Bradley’s 29 Points Leads Celtics to Blow Out Win in Game 5 Over Wizards
- Wall’s Three in Final Seconds Sinks Celtics 92-91 in Game 6, Game 7 Set for Monday
- Thomas’ 53 Points Leads Celtics to 129-119 Overtime Win Over Wizards in Game 2
- Celtics Knock Down 19 Threes En Route to 123-111 Game 1 Win Over Wizards
- Green’s 18 Points Helps Celtics Hold Off Bulls 104-95, Tie Series at 2
- Bradley’s 24 Points Helps Celtics to 108-97 Game 5 Win Over Bulls
- Celtics Eliminate Bulls in Game 6 105-83, Advance to 2nd Round
- Celtics Open 2nd Round Series Against Washington on Sunday
- Olynyk’s 26 Points Helps Celtics to 115-105 Game 7 Win Over Washington