Celtics’ Thomas Out for Remainder of Playoffs
Sunday, May 21, 2017
According to the Celtics, Thomas re-aggravated a torn labrum in his right hip in the second quarter of their 130-86 game two loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
“Isaiah has worked tirelessly to manage this injury since it first occurred. The swelling increased during the first two games against Cleveland, and in order to avoid more significant long-term damage to his hip, we could no longer allow him to continue,” said Celtics Chief Medical Officer Dr. Brian McKeon said in a statement from the team.
Thomas played 18 minutes in the game and scored two points.
The Celtics trail the Cleveland Cavaliers 2-0 in the series with game three set for Sunday night in Cleveland. Tip-off is set for 8:30 p.m.
Celtics head coach Brad Stevens said after game two that Thomas suffered the injury in game six of Boston’s second round series against Washington. Stevens added that there was some question as to whether Thomas would play in game 7 of that series.
Thomas did play and would scored 29 points and dish out 12 assists in the Celtics win.
For more on Thomas, GoLocal teams with Graphiq.
- Thomas Scores 33 Points But Celtics Lose Game 1 to Bulls 106-102
- Celtics Star Thomas’ Sister Killed in Car Accident in Tacoma, Washington
- Celtics Fall to Bulls 111-97 in Game 2, Trail Series 2-0
- Celtics Climb Back in Series With 104-87 Win Over Bulls in Game 3
- Green’s 18 Points Helps Celtics Hold Off Bulls 104-95, Tie Series at 2
- Thomas is a Game Time Decision as Celtics Open NBA Playoffs Against Chicago
- Celtics Blown Out by Cleveland 114-91, Fall Out of 1st Place
- Celtics Add 6 Players in 2016 NBA Draft
- Celtics Sign Al Horford to 4-Year Deal
- Celtics’ Crowder Has One of Most Team Friendly Contracts in NBA
- Celtics Set to Face Cleveland in Battle for Eastern Conference’s Top Seed
- Bradley’s 24 Points Helps Celtics to 108-97 Game 5 Win Over Bulls
- Celtics Eliminate Bulls in Game 6 105-83, Advance to 2nd Round
- Wall’s Three in Final Seconds Sinks Celtics 92-91 in Game 6, Game 7 Set for Monday
- Bradley’s 29 Points Leads Celtics to Blow Out Win in Game 5 Over Wizards
- Olynyk’s 26 Points Helps Celtics to 115-105 Game 7 Win Over Washington
- Celtics Set to Open Eastern Conference Finals Against Cleveland Wednesday Night
- Slow Start Leads Celtics to 117-104 Loss to Cleveland in Game 1
- Celtics Give up 26 Straight Points En Route to 121-102 Game 4 Loss to Wizards
- Celtics Blown Out by Wizards 116-89 in Game 3
- Celtics Open 2nd Round Series Against Washington on Sunday
- Celtics Knock Down 19 Threes En Route to 123-111 Game 1 Win Over Wizards
- Thomas’ 53 Points Leads Celtics to 129-119 Overtime Win Over Wizards in Game 2
- Brawl in Celtics Game
- Thomas Injured, Cavaliers Hand Celtics Worst Home Playoff Loss in Team History