Celtics Trade #1 Pick to Philadelphia for #3 Pick in NBA Draft
Sunday, June 18, 2017
The Celtics will also receive a 2018 first round pick that the 76ers got in a previous trade with the Los Angeles Lakers.
If the Lakers' pick does not fall between Number 2 and Number 5 in the 2018 draft, Philadelphia will send a 2019 first-round pick to Boston that they acquired from the Sacramento Kings.
The 76ers are expected to draft University of Washington guard Markelle Fultz with the number one overall pick. Fultz worked out for the 76ers on Saturday.
With the 76ers drafting Fultz, UCLA's Lonzo Ball, Kansas' Joshua Jackson and Duke's Jayson Tatum are expected to be in play for the Celtics pick.
The 2017 NBA Draft is set for Thursday, June 22.
Clarification on deal: Besides its 2017 FRP, Philly sends '18 Lakers pick w/ protections. If it doesn't convey, 76ers send 2019 Kings pick.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) June 18, 2017
Multiple NBA sources believe Celtics are working on another deal. One told me: "Who cares about the protections? They aren't keeping them."— Keith Smith (@KeithSmithNBA) June 18, 2017
- Bradley’s 24 Points Helps Celtics to 108-97 Game 5 Win Over Bulls
- Green’s 18 Points Helps Celtics Hold Off Bulls 104-95, Tie Series at 2
- Celtics Eliminate Bulls in Game 6 105-83, Advance to 2nd Round
- Celtics Open 2nd Round Series Against Washington on Sunday
- Celtics Knock Down 19 Threes En Route to 123-111 Game 1 Win Over Wizards
- Celtics Climb Back in Series With 104-87 Win Over Bulls in Game 3
- Celtics Fall to Bulls 111-97 in Game 2, Trail Series 2-0
- Celtics Blown Out by Cleveland 114-91, Fall Out of 1st Place
- Thomas is a Game Time Decision as Celtics Open NBA Playoffs Against Chicago
- Celtics Star Thomas’ Sister Killed in Car Accident in Tacoma, Washington
- Thomas Scores 33 Points But Celtics Lose Game 1 to Bulls 106-102
- Thomas’ 53 Points Leads Celtics to 129-119 Overtime Win Over Wizards in Game 2
- Brawl in Celtics Game
- Thomas Injured, Cavaliers Hand Celtics Worst Home Playoff Loss in Team History
- Slow Start Leads Celtics to 117-104 Loss to Cleveland in Game 1
- Celtics’ Thomas Out for Remainder of Playoffs
- Bradley’s Three Lifts Celtics Over Cleveland 111-108 in Game 3
- Celtics Can’t Hold 16 Point Lead, Fall 112-99 To Cleveland in Game 4
- Celtics Set to Open Eastern Conference Finals Against Cleveland Wednesday Night
- Olynyk’s 26 Points Helps Celtics to 115-105 Game 7 Win Over Washington
- Celtics Blown Out by Wizards 116-89 in Game 3
- Celtics Give up 26 Straight Points En Route to 121-102 Game 4 Loss to Wizards
- Bradley’s 29 Points Leads Celtics to Blow Out Win in Game 5 Over Wizards
- Wall’s Three in Final Seconds Sinks Celtics 92-91 in Game 6, Game 7 Set for Monday
- Celtics Eliminated From Playoffs Following Game 5 Loss to Cleveland