Five Reasons the Celtics Won Game #2 Against the Cavs and LeBron
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
See the 5 Reasons the Celtics Won Below
The game was an old school game with the Celtics playing tough and physical and two incidents almost led to fights between the two teams.
After Cleveland guard, J.R. Smith pushed Al Horford from behind while he was in the air, Boston guard Marcus Smart played enforcer.
"That's a dirty shot," Smart said after the game. "You just can't allow that to keep happening. This is not the first time JR's done some dirty stuff, especially playing against us. He's known for it, especially playing against us. We know that. It's like a bully. You keep letting a bully keep picking on you, he's going to keep picking on you until you finally stand up, and that's what I tried to do."
Related Slideshow: Five Reasons the Celtics Won Game #2 - May 15, 2018
Brad Stevens Factor
Once again, Boston's Coach Brad Stevens seemed to dial up all the right substitutions and rotations. Steven's gang defense on LeBron James seems to be the right solution for a very difficult problem.
Too Much Brad Stevens Love?
"I think he's getting a little too much praise," Robert Parish said on Sirius XM NBA Radio, "but I like what he's doing. They giving him all the love like he won three or four championships. Come on, now. Win something first, all the love he's getting."
There were two altercations in the games and both seemed to fuel the Celtics. Marcus Morris got into it with Tristian Thompson and then the Celts went on a big spurt.
And, after J.R. Smith pushed Al Horford while he was in the air for a lay-up, Marcus Smart went after Smith. Both incidents showed Celtics resolve and toughness.
- Brown, Tatum Lead Celtics Past Knicks 110-89
- Celtics’ Hayward Has Surgery, Likely Out for Season
- Irving’s 47 Leads Celtics Rally Past Mavs 110-102 in OT - 16 Wins in a Row
- 16 Winning Streak Over, Celtics Fall to Miami 104-98
- NABLEO Blasts Boston Police for Tweet Honoring Celtics’ Auerbach During Black History Month
- UPDATED: Celtics Hayward Suffers Gruesome Injury in Season Opener
- Celtics Fall to Cleveland 102-99 in Season Opener
- Celtics Trade Bradley to Pistons for Marcus Morris
- Celtics Acquire Kyrie Irving in Trade With Cleveland Involving Isaiah Thomas
- Cleveland May Try to Void Trade With Celtics Following Thomas’ Physical
- Celtics Send 2020 2nd Round Pick to Cleveland to Seal Irving Trade
- Celtics’ Irving to Miss Remainder of Season, Playoffs
- Celtics Win Game 1 Over Bucks, 113-107 in Overtime
- Celtics Rally From 22 Points Down To Beat 76ers 108-103 in Game 2
- Rozier & Tatum Lead Celtics Past 76ers 117-101 in Game 1
- Horford’s Layup Lifts Celtics to 101-98 Win in Game 3
- Celtics Fall to 76ers 103-92 in Game 4
- Celtics Edge 76ers 114-112 in Game 5, Advance to Eastern Conference Finals
- Celtics Beat Bucks 112-96 in Game 7
- Celtics Fall to Bucks 97-86 in Game 6, Game 7 Set for Saturday Night in Boston
- Brown’s 30 Points Leads Celtics to 120-106 Win Over Bucks in Game 2
- Celtics Get Blown Out by Bucks in Game 3, 116-92
- Celtics Comeback Falls Short, Lose to Bucks 104-102 in Game 4
- Smart Returns, Celtics Hold Off Bucks 92-87 in Game 5
- Celtics Cruise Past Cleveland 108-83 in Game 1 of Eastern Conference Finals