GoLocal HS Soccer Coaches Poll: North Fighting for Top Spot
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
North went 1-1-1 against Inter-High competition last week, while perennial power Algonquin fell to league-foe Nashoba and Groton-Dunstable picked up a huge win over Marlborough. In the midst of all this shakeup, the Polar Bears emerged on top in our coaches' minds.
Here is the top-10:
1. North (14-2-1)
2. Groton-Dunstable (12-2-3)
3. Algonquin (12-3-3)
4. Marlborough (13-3-2)
5. Sutton (14-1-1)
6. Nashoba (12-3-3)
7. Millbury (16-1-1)
8. Grafton (13-3-2)
9. Wachusett (8-6-4)
10. Douglas (12-4-2)
With Hurricane Sandy battering the northeast with heavy rain and gusting winds, it remains to be seen how the Central Mass soccer playoffs will be affected. Several regular season finales were cancelled Monday, and it does not seem likely play will resume until at least Wednesday. But Algonquin and North go into the Division I Central Mass playoffs as the odds on favorites.
- GoLocal High School Soccer Coaches Poll: North on Top
- GoLocal High School Soccer Coaches Poll: Who’s the Best in Central Mass?
- GoLocal HS Soccer Coaches Poll: Is Algonquin Still No. 1?
- GoLocal HS Soccer Coaches Poll: North and Algonquin Holding Strong
- GoLocal HS Soccer Coaches Poll: Who’s No. 1 in Central MA?