Holy Cross Falls to Loyola 67-65 With 0.2 Seconds Left in OT
Sunday, January 20, 2019
The Crusaders fall to 11-8 overall and 2-4 in the Patriot League with the loss, while Greyhounds improve to 7-12 on the season and 3-3 in the conference.
Holy Cross Falls in OT
Holy Cross opened the overtime period with baskets from guard Caleb Green and senior Jehyve Floyd to take a 65-61 lead.
However, the Greyhounds responded with two free throws and a putback by KaVaughn Scott to tie the game at 65.
In the final seconds, Loyola’s Andrew Kostecka drove down the lane for a layup with 0.2 seconds remaining in the game to get the win.
Holy Cross was led by Grandison, who finished with 23 points on 8 of 12 shooting.
Holy Cross Can’t Hold on in Regulation
The Crusaders led 53-44 with 8:53 to play in the game, but were unable to hold on.
Loyola then scored nine of the next 12 points to close the gap, and would force overtime when a jumper by Chuck Champion tied the game at 61-61 with just 5.0 seconds remaining.
Holy Cross returns to action on Wednesday, January 23 when they visit Army West Point.
Game time is set for 7 p.m.
Related Slideshow: 10 Biggest Games in Holy Cross Basketball History
Holy Cross vs Michigan in NCAA Tournament
The game marked Holy Cross' first NCAA Tournament appearance in 21 seasons.
After leading 72-70 with less than 5 minutes to play, the Crusaders fell 92-81.
Holy Cross was led that season by Ronnie Perry, however, he was injured for this game.
Holy Cross vs Duquesne - NIT Championship game
Holy Cross won the NIT Championship game 71-62 over Duquesne.
The Crusaders were led by Togo Palazzi who was named MVP of the tournament.
Palazzi went as the number one pick in the NBA Draft to the Boston Celtics a couple of months later.
- Grandison’s Career-High 24 Points Leads Holy Cross Past Siena 57-45
- Holy Cross Football Rallies From 26 Points Down to Beat Georgetown 32-31
- Holy Cross Escapes With 69-65 Overtime Win Over Albany
- Holy Cross Falls to Harvard 73-62
- Holy Cross Rolls Fairleigh Dickinson 67-49
- Holy Cross Basketball Cruises Past Stony Brook 84-70 at Mohegan Sun
- Holy Cross Football Visits Georgetown in Final Game of Season
- Holy Cross Falls to #19 Michigan 56-37 in Hall of Fame Tip-Off Tournament
- Holy Cross Football Edges Fordham 17-13 in Final Home Game
- Holy Cross Falls to Providence 70-61
- Holy Cross Basketball Signs 3 to National Letters of Intent
- Holy Cross Edges UMass 82-78
- Holy Cross Falls to Rhode Island 79-63 at DCU Center
- Holy Cross Falls to Lehigh 99-94 in OT Despite 25 Points from Green
- Holy Cross Falls to Navy 50-48 in Final Second
- Floyd’s Career-High 25 Points Lifts Holy Cross Past Lafayette 77-70
- Holy Cross Falls to Bucknell 93-78
- Holy Cross Announces Inaugural Recipients of Scholarship in Action Grants
- Floyd’s Double-Double Leads Holy Cross to 80-73 Win Over Loyola