slides: Holy Cross Rolls Hartford 90-68
Sunday, December 13, 2015
See the Five Takeaways Slideshow Below
The Crusaders le 12-8 after the first six minutes of the game but then used a 17-2 run to blow the game open over the next five minutes of play, taking a 29-10 lead.
The Crusaders would lead at the half 45-26.
In the second half, Hartford scored the first five points to get themselves back in the game, however, Holy Cross would seal the win with an impressive 16-0 run to go up by 30 points, 61-31 and go on to win 90-68.
Robert Champion poured in a career high 22 points on 7 of 11 shooting from the field in 24 minutes of action off the bench.
Meanwhile, freshman Karl Charles added 13 points of his own.
Holy Cross returns to action on Monday, December 21st when they host the Maine Black Bears. Tip off is set for 7 p.m.
For more on this game, see the five takeaways slideshow below
Related Slideshow: 5 Takeaways From Holy Cross’ 90-68 Win Over Hartford
Malachi Alexander came up just short of a triple-double for the Crusaders.
In 31 minutes of action, Alexander had 11 points, 9 rebounds and six assists to go along with three steals.
Alexander's 11 points came on 4 of 4 shooting from the field and 2 of 3 from the free throw line.
2nd Chance Points
Holy Cross grabbed 8 offensive rebounds in the game and that helped them pour in 16 second chance points.
Robert Champion and Jehyve Floyd each grabbed two offensive rebounds to lead Holy Cross.
Hartford had three offensive rebounds but did not score a point off of them.
Holy Cross beat Hartford 16-0 in second chance points.
Points in the Paint
Coach Carmody has to be happy with the Crusaders domination in the paint.
Holy Cross outscored Hartford 48-14 in the paint, helping them shoot 66% from the field in the game.
That also helped the Crusaders get to the free throw line 26 times and make 16 of those free throws.
Hartford, on their home court, only got to the line six times.
- Holy Cross Rolls Lafayette 42-0 for 1st Conference Win
- Holy Cross Looks for Non-Conference Win Over Bryant
- 5 Takeaways From Holy Cross’ 62-56 Loss to Quinnipiac
- 5 Takeaways From Holy Cross’ 73-69 Loss to New Hampshire
- 5 Takeaways From Holy Cross’ 69-60 Win Over Sacred Heart
- 5 Takeaways From Holy Cross’ 50-49 Win Over Harvard
- Holy Cross Falls 88-84 to Albany in OT
- 5 Takeaways From Holy Cross’ 71-55 Loss to Brown
- 5 Takeaways From Holy Cross’ 67-64 Win Over Marist
- NEW: Holy Cross Comes Back to Edge Bryant 34-33
- Holy Cross Eyes First Conference Win vs. Lafayette
- Holy Cross Football Set to Host New England Rival Brown
- Holy Cross Shuts Out Albany 37-0
- Holy Cross Visits Towson, UMass Hosts Temple in Week 2
- Assumption College and Holy Cross Students to Attend Papal Mass in Philadelphia
- Holy Cross Set For Home Opener Against Colgate
- Holy Cross Hosts Albany Looking to Snap 2 Game Losing Streak
- Holy Cross Athletics Has 3rd Highest Graduation Rate in Country
- Holy Cross Goes for 3rd Straight Win, UMass Returns to Gillette
- Holy Cross Basketball 2015-16 Season Preview
- 5 Takeaways From Holy Cross’ 92-59 Loss to #2 Kansas
- NEW: Holy Cross Suffers Heartbreaker With 47-41 Loss to #10 Fordham
- Holy Cross Football Looks For Bounce Back Win Against #10 Fordham
- Former Holy Cross Star Miller Waived by Celtics
- Holy Cross Basketball Picked to Finish 8th in Patriot League