Hoops Recruits Update: Worcester Academy
Monday, January 21, 2013
Here’s a rundown of the six players, who have led coach Jamie Sullivan’s Hilltoppers to an 11-3 record.
Castro, a 6-foot-1 senior guard from Milton, is headed to Butler University. He was named Massachusetts’ Gatorade boys basketball player of the year for 2011-2012, when he averaged 23.4 points per game.
A 6-10 junior forward out of Falmouth, Maine, Cimino hasn’t yet committed to a school. Worcester Academy athletic director Ed Reilly, who coached the Hilltoppers from 2003-2011, said Cimino is being recruited “at a very high level, from coast to coast.”
A 6-3 senior guard and Worcester native, Mobley will play for Central Connecticut State University.
A 6-4 senior guard out of Port Orange, Fla., Panaggio has signed with Lipscomb University.
Reynolds, a 6-8 senior forward from Philadelphia, remains undecided on where he will play next year. Reilly said Reynolds has drawn interest from schools in the Atlantic 10, Big East and Pacific-12.
Rivard, a 6-7 senior guard from Worcester, is bound for James Madison University.
- NEW: Former Worcester Academy Standout Selected to Baseball All-Star Game
- Worcester Academy Baseball Has the Talent to Repeat
- Rower from Worcester Academy “Achieves the Honorable” in London
- Worcester Academy Lacrosse Works to Improve On and Off the Field
- Worcester Academy Preparing Players for College Baseball