Horford’s Layup Lifts Celtics to 101-98 Win in Game 3
Sunday, May 06, 2018
The Celtics now lead the series 3-0 and will go for a sweep in game four on Monday.
Horford Lifts Celtics to Win
The Celtics trailed the 76ers 98-97 with eight seconds left in overtime with possession of the ball.
Out of a timeout, Marcus Morris inbounded the ball over the head of Philadelphia’s Robert Covington to Horford who was able to convert a layup, giving the Celtics a 99-98 lead.
On Philadelphia’s ensuing possession, Horford stole the inbounds pass and knocked down two free throws to put Boston up 101-98.
Marco Belinelli’s desperation three in the final seconds bounced off the rim, giving the Celtics the win.
Horford finished the game with 13 points, six rebounds and three blocks and two steals.
Boston was led by Jayson Tatum, who poured in 24 points.
76ers Force OT
The Celtics trailed 87-85 with 26 seconds left to play when Jaylen Brown converted a layup to tie the game with 22 seconds left.
On the 76ers ensuing possession, Terry Rozier stole the ball from JJ Redick and passed it over to Brown, who converted a layup on a two-on-one fast break to give the Celtics an 89-87 lead with 1.7 seconds left.
On Philadelphia’s last possession, Belinelli hit a fallaway jump shot from just in front of the 76ers bench to tie the game at 89 with no time left on the clock.
Game 6 Upcoming
Game six is set for Monday, April 7 in Philadelphia.
Game time is set for 6 p.m.
- Celtics Send 2020 2nd Round Pick to Cleveland to Seal Irving Trade
- Cleveland May Try to Void Trade With Celtics Following Thomas’ Physical
- Celtics Fall to Cleveland 102-99 in Season Opener
- UPDATED: Celtics Hayward Suffers Gruesome Injury in Season Opener
- Celtics’ Hayward Has Surgery, Likely Out for Season
- Celtics Acquire Kyrie Irving in Trade With Cleveland Involving Isaiah Thomas
- Celtics Trade Bradley to Pistons for Marcus Morris
- Celtics Eliminated From Playoffs Following Game 5 Loss to Cleveland
- Celtics Trade #1 Pick to Philadelphia for #3 Pick in NBA Draft
- Celtics Select Duke’s Tatum With #3 Overall Pick in NBA Draft
- ESPN Reports Hayward Signing with Celtics
- Brown, Tatum Lead Celtics Past Knicks 110-89
- Irving’s 47 Leads Celtics Rally Past Mavs 110-102 in OT - 16 Wins in a Row
- Smart Returns, Celtics Hold Off Bucks 92-87 in Game 5
- Celtics Comeback Falls Short, Lose to Bucks 104-102 in Game 4
- Celtics Fall to Bucks 97-86 in Game 6, Game 7 Set for Saturday Night in Boston
- Celtics Beat Bucks 112-96 in Game 7
- Rozier & Tatum Lead Celtics Past 76ers 117-101 in Game 1
- Celtics Get Blown Out by Bucks in Game 3, 116-92
- Brown’s 30 Points Leads Celtics to 120-106 Win Over Bucks in Game 2