NEW: Becker Hires New Softball Coach
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Hurley, who spent nine seasons as the head coach at Franklin Pierce, comes to Becker after spending last season as an assistant at Assumption. The Leominster native was the longest tenured softball coach ever at Franklin Pierce accumulating 93 victories in his time with the Ravens.
Along with his team's on-field success, Hurley also had three student-athletes named to the CoSIDA/ESPN The Magazine Academic All-District I Third Team.
“We are excited that Dick will be joining the Becker College Hawks as the head softball coach," Becker Athletic Director Frank Millerick said. "His wealth of experience and knowledge of the game makes him a perfect fit for us. We are excited for what he will bring to the program in the future."
Hurley has also had success coaching Junior Olympics teams throughout Central Mass. He guided the Massachusetts Lightening U-18 team to the Lowell ASA Invitational title in 2002.
- Princeton Review Ranks Becker College #10 in Best Video Game Design
- NEW: Becker College Students to Premier Video Game
- NEW: Princeton Review Names Becker College Among Nation’s Best
- NEW: Twitter Co-Creator Dom Sagolla Delivers Becker’s Commencement Address
- PowerPlayer: Becker College President Dr. Robert Johnson