Celtics Edge 76ers 114-112 in Game 5, Advance to Eastern Conference Finals
Thursday, May 10, 2018
The Celtics were led by Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown, who poured in 25 and 24 points respectively.
Celtics Win it in Final Seconds
With the game tied at 109 with under a minute to go, Marcus Smart found Jayson Tatum under the basket for a layup to give the Celtics a 111-109 lead with 19 seconds to play.
On the 76ers next possession, Joel Embid got the ball in the post, but missed a shot from directly under the basket while guarded by Aaron Baynes. The sequence would result in Embid turning the ball over, giving the Celtics possession.
On Boston’s possession, Terry Rozier would be fouled immediately and knock down both of his free throws.
On the 76ers ensuing possession, JJ Redick would knock down a long three to cut Boston’s lead to one, 113-112, with three seconds to play.
On Boston’s final possession, Smart would knock down one of two free throws to make it a two-point game, 114-112.
The 76ers would not get a final shot off, giving the Celtics the win.
Eastern Conference Finals
Game one of the Eastern Conference Finals is set for Sunday, May 13 at TD Garden.
Game time is set for 3:30 p.m.
- UPDATED: Celtics Hayward Suffers Gruesome Injury in Season Opener
- Celtics Fall to Cleveland 102-99 in Season Opener
- Celtics’ Hayward Has Surgery, Likely Out for Season
- Brown, Tatum Lead Celtics Past Knicks 110-89
- Irving’s 47 Leads Celtics Rally Past Mavs 110-102 in OT - 16 Wins in a Row
- Celtics Send 2020 2nd Round Pick to Cleveland to Seal Irving Trade
- Cleveland May Try to Void Trade With Celtics Following Thomas’ Physical
- Celtics Select Duke’s Tatum With #3 Overall Pick in NBA Draft
- ESPN Reports Hayward Signing with Celtics
- Celtics Acquire Kyrie Irving in Trade With Cleveland Involving Isaiah Thomas
- 16 Winning Streak Over, Celtics Fall to Miami 104-98
- NABLEO Blasts Boston Police for Tweet Honoring Celtics’ Auerbach During Black History Month
- Celtics Beat Bucks 112-96 in Game 7
- Celtics Fall to Bucks 97-86 in Game 6, Game 7 Set for Saturday Night in Boston
- Rozier & Tatum Lead Celtics Past 76ers 117-101 in Game 1
- Celtics Rally From 22 Points Down To Beat 76ers 108-103 in Game 2
- Horford’s Layup Lifts Celtics to 101-98 Win in Game 3
- Smart Returns, Celtics Hold Off Bucks 92-87 in Game 5
- Celtics Trade Bradley to Pistons for Marcus Morris
- Celtics Comeback Falls Short, Lose to Bucks 104-102 in Game 4
- Celtics’ Irving to Miss Remainder of Season, Playoffs
- Celtics Win Game 1 Over Bucks, 113-107 in Overtime
- Brown’s 30 Points Leads Celtics to 120-106 Win Over Bucks in Game 2
- Celtics Get Blown Out by Bucks in Game 3, 116-92
- Celtics Fall to 76ers 103-92 in Game 4