Celtics Fall to 76ers 103-92 in Game 4
Tuesday, May 08, 2018
Boston still leads the series 3-1 with game five set for Wednesday in Boston.
The Celtics are now 5-9 all-time in game fours when leading the series 3-0.
76ers Pull Away in 3rd
The Celtics trailed by four, 66-62, with 3:35 left to play in the third quarter following a layup from Terry Rozier before Philadelphia would pull away.
Philadelphia would go on a 10-0 run to take a 76-62 lead on a three by T.J. McConnell with 2:05 left in the quarter.
The 76ers would take an 11 point lead, 76-65, into the fourth quarter.
The Celtics would get as close as ten points on numerous occasions in the fourth quarter, before getting as close as nine points in the final seconds.
`They were unable to get any closer.
Boston was led by Jayson Tatum, who poured in 20 points, while Marcus Smart added 14.
Early Foul Trouble for Celtics
The Celtics got into early foul trouble in the first half with Tatum, Marcus Morris, and Jaylen Brown all picking up three first-half fouls.
Overall, the Celtics were called for 28 fouls, while the 76ers were called for 23 fouls in the game.
Boston shot 24 free throws, making 19 of them, while the 76ers shot 26 free throws, making 20 of them.
Game 5 Upcoming
Game five of the series is set for Wednesday, May 9 at TD Garden in Boston.
Game time is yet to be determined.
- Celtics Fall to Cleveland 102-99 in Season Opener
- Celtics Send 2020 2nd Round Pick to Cleveland to Seal Irving Trade
- UPDATED: Celtics Hayward Suffers Gruesome Injury in Season Opener
- Celtics’ Hayward Has Surgery, Likely Out for Season
- Brown, Tatum Lead Celtics Past Knicks 110-89
- Cleveland May Try to Void Trade With Celtics Following Thomas’ Physical
- Celtics Acquire Kyrie Irving in Trade With Cleveland Involving Isaiah Thomas
- Celtics Trade #1 Pick to Philadelphia for #3 Pick in NBA Draft
- Celtics Select Duke’s Tatum With #3 Overall Pick in NBA Draft
- ESPN Reports Hayward Signing with Celtics
- Celtics Comeback Falls Short, Lose to Bucks 104-102 in Game 4
- Celtics Trade Bradley to Pistons for Marcus Morris
- Irving’s 47 Leads Celtics Rally Past Mavs 110-102 in OT - 16 Wins in a Row
- 16 Winning Streak Over, Celtics Fall to Miami 104-98
- Celtics Fall to Bucks 97-86 in Game 6, Game 7 Set for Saturday Night in Boston
- Smart Returns, Celtics Hold Off Bucks 92-87 in Game 5
- Celtics Beat Bucks 112-96 in Game 7
- Rozier & Tatum Lead Celtics Past 76ers 117-101 in Game 1
- Celtics Rally From 22 Points Down To Beat 76ers 108-103 in Game 2
- Celtics Get Blown Out by Bucks in Game 3, 116-92
- NABLEO Blasts Boston Police for Tweet Honoring Celtics’ Auerbach During Black History Month
- Celtics’ Irving to Miss Remainder of Season, Playoffs
- Celtics Win Game 1 Over Bucks, 113-107 in Overtime
- Brown’s 30 Points Leads Celtics to 120-106 Win Over Bucks in Game 2
- Horford’s Layup Lifts Celtics to 101-98 Win in Game 3