NEW: Governor Patrick Makes Stanley Cup Bet With Illinois Governor
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Under the terms of the wager, the governor of the losing team’s state will volunteer at the food bank of the winning governor’s choice. If the Bruins win, Governor Quinn will volunteer at the Greater Boston Food Bank. If the Blackhawks win, Governor Patrick will volunteer at the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
Governor Patrick was happy that he could use something lighthearted and fun to make a difference in a serious issue. “I look forward to seeing the Bruins circle the ice with the Stanley Cup above their heads,” he said. “And I’m delighted to join with Governor Quinn to use the excitement of the playoffs to draw attention to the important issue of food insecurity.”
The Illinois Governor was unphased by the challenge. “Governor Patrick is skating on thin ice by betting against the mighty Chicago Blackhawks,” said Governor Quinn. “But the Greater Chicago Food Depository can always use extra help, so after he works a shift there, I’m happy to take Governor Patrick to the United Center to see the Stanley Cup return home.”
- Central Mass Hockey Goes for Bay State Bronze
- GAME ON Boys Hockey Highlights
- NEW: BU Pres. Hockey Email Leaked to GoLocalWorcester
- NEW: Brown Hockey Players Save Kids From Drowning; How It Happened
- Bob Lobel: Hockey Parents Belong in the Penalty Box
- NEW: Teams Announced For NCAA Hockey 2012 Championship at DCU Center
- Bob Lobel: Spring Hockey Fever
- Report: Providence, Not Worcester, A Top 10 Hockey City
- Boston’s a Hockey Town Once Again!
- Central Mass Hockey Enjoys Home Ice in Bay State Games