NEW: Bill Belichick’s Daughter, Amanda, Named Holy Cross Women’s Lacrosse Coach
Sunday, July 12, 2015
Belichick is becomes the sixth head coach in program history and comes to Holy Cross after spending the last two seasons as head coach at Wesleyan University.
"I am excited and honored to be the next women's lacrosse coach at Holy Cross. I want to thank Nathan Pine, Joe Bertoletti and the entire search committee for this opportunity, and for believing in my vision for the future of Holy Cross women's lacrosse. I look forward to building on the school's great tradition and working with the talented student-athletes in the program," said Belichick.
In two seasons as head coach at Wesleyan University, Amanda Belichick helped the Cardinals go from number 49 in the country to as high as number 17 in the country in 2014.
Prior to Wesleyan, Belichick spent three seasons as an assistant at Ohio State where she was the recruiting coordinator and offensive coordinator. During Belichick's time at Ohio State, the program consistently ranked in the top 20, ranking as high as ten on two different occasions.
Amanda Belichick played for and earned a degree from Wesleyan in 2007. During her collegiate career, she was a four-year letter winner and was team captain as a senior.
Belichick totaled 47 goals and 25 assists for 72 points, including a 52 point season in 2006.
Holy Cross Women's Lacrosse
The Holy Cross Women's Lacrosse program went 4-14 overall and 3-5 in conference during the 2015 season with wins coming against Colgate, American, Bucknell and Columbia.
- Holy Cross Falls Short at Lafayette, Loses 89-81
- Holy Cross Named Top Ten College for English Majors in U.S.
- Poor First Half Dooms Holy Cross, Fall 84-70 to Navy
- Holy Cross Closes Home Schedule With 63-60 Win Over Loyola
- Miller ‘s 30 Points Lead Holy Cross Past BU 77-70 in Season Finale
- Holy Cross Knocks Off Lehigh 58-52
- Holy Cross Earns 73-64 Win Over Army
- Holy Cross Falls to American 57 - 50, Now 3 - 7 in Conference
- Holy Cross Rallies in the 2nd Half, Beat Colgate 70 - 60
- Bison’s Second Half Surge Too Much For Holy Cross, Fall 70-57
- Holy Cross’ Miller Selected to Participate in Dark Horse Dunker Competition
- Loyola vs. Holy Cross - Patriot League Tournament Rd. 1
- Holy Cross Rolls Loyola 62-45, Advance To Round 2
- NEW: Holy Cross Men’s Basketball Adds Two to 2015-16 Class
- Worcester Research Bureau to Hold 5th Fairman Cowan Lecture at Holy Cross
- NEW: Holy Cross Basketball Announces Completion of Coaching Staff
- NEW: Holy Cross Ranks as 2nd Best Roman Catholic School in Country
- Holy Cross Ranked 8th Most Beautiful Urban Campus in America
- Holy Cross Sets 2015-17 Football Schedule, Announces Syracuse Game
- Holy Cross Named 12th Best Private College to Earn Your Degree on Time
- Holy Cross Visits Bucknell For Rd. 2 of Patriot League Tournament
- Holy Cross’s Season Ends After 90-83 Loss to Bucknell in OT
- NEW: Milan Brown Fired As Holy Cross Basketball Coach
- NEW: Bill Carmody Named Holy Cross Basketball Head Coach