Smart Returns, Celtics Hold Off Bucks 92-87 in Game 5
Wednesday, April 25, 2018
Smart had been out since March with a right thumb injury that required surgery and was cleared to play on Tuesday afternoon.
He had nine points, five rebounds, four assists and three blocked shots in his return.
The win gives the Celtics a 3-2 series lead heading back to Milwaukee for game six.
Celtics Hold on For Win
After leading by as much as 13 points in the second half, the Celtics saw their lead to four, 81-77, with 2:23 left to play in the game on an Eric Bledsoe three.
Jaylen Brown would knock down a free throw and then convert a layup on Boston’s next possession to put the Celtics up 84-77.
The Bucks cut it to five, 84-79, on a jump shot by Khris Middleton before Boston would push their lead to 86-79 on a dunk by Al Horford off a pass from Marcus Smart.
However, the Bucks would not go away.
Middleton would hit a three to make it 87-82 after Horford converted two free throws.
Bledsoe would then convert a layup to cut the Celtics lead to three, 87-84, but the Bucks would not get closer.
The Celtics would convert free throws in the final seconds and hold on for the 92-87 win.
Horford led the Celtics with 22 points and 14 rebounds in the game.
Game six is set for Thursday, April 26 in Milwaukee.
Game time is yet to be determined.
- Celtics Select Duke’s Tatum With #3 Overall Pick in NBA Draft
- Celtics Trade #1 Pick to Philadelphia for #3 Pick in NBA Draft
- ESPN Reports Hayward Signing with Celtics
- Celtics Trade Bradley to Pistons for Marcus Morris
- Celtics Acquire Kyrie Irving in Trade With Cleveland Involving Isaiah Thomas
- Celtics Eliminated From Playoffs Following Game 5 Loss to Cleveland
- Celtics Can’t Hold 16 Point Lead, Fall 112-99 To Cleveland in Game 4
- Slow Start Leads Celtics to 117-104 Loss to Cleveland in Game 1
- Thomas Injured, Cavaliers Hand Celtics Worst Home Playoff Loss in Team History
- Celtics’ Thomas Out for Remainder of Playoffs
- Bradley’s Three Lifts Celtics Over Cleveland 111-108 in Game 3
- Cleveland May Try to Void Trade With Celtics Following Thomas’ Physical
- Celtics Send 2020 2nd Round Pick to Cleveland to Seal Irving Trade
- Celtics’ Irving to Miss Remainder of Season, Playoffs
- NABLEO Blasts Boston Police for Tweet Honoring Celtics’ Auerbach During Black History Month
- Celtics Win Game 1 Over Bucks, 113-107 in Overtime
- Brown’s 30 Points Leads Celtics to 120-106 Win Over Bucks in Game 2
- Celtics Get Blown Out by Bucks in Game 3, 116-92
- 16 Winning Streak Over, Celtics Fall to Miami 104-98
- Irving’s 47 Leads Celtics Rally Past Mavs 110-102 in OT - 16 Wins in a Row
- Celtics Fall to Cleveland 102-99 in Season Opener
- UPDATED: Celtics Hayward Suffers Gruesome Injury in Season Opener
- Celtics’ Hayward Has Surgery, Likely Out for Season
- Brown, Tatum Lead Celtics Past Knicks 110-89
- Celtics Comeback Falls Short, Lose to Bucks 104-102 in Game 4