Nichols to Face Amherst in NCAA DIII Sweet 16 Friday Night
Friday, March 08, 2019
The Bison defeated Middlebury and Rowan last weekend in Glassboro, New Jersey to make it to the final 16.
"This is a fun experience. We're fired up. Guys played hard all weekend. It's nice to take care of business on back-to-back nights and advance to next weekend. For us, it's all about surviving. We played well as a team both days. The guys are excited. We have another big week ahead of us. We can't wait to play next weekend,” said Nichols first-year head coach Scott Faucher following Saturday night’s win
Nichols will face #7 Amherst College on Friday, March 8 at 7:30 p.m.
The Mammoths (25-4) defeated Rosemont 84-53 and host Rochester 75-67 to advance to the Sweet 16.
Sophomore Grant Robinson leads the Mammoths in scoring at 17.8 ppg while classmate Fru She nets 12.3 ppg. Junior Eric Sewell pulls down a team-leading 8.2 rebounds/game while Robinson hands out 3.5 assists/game.
Friday’s contest marks the 10th all-time meeting between Nichols and Amherst, and the first since 2013.
The Mammoths lead the series, 7-2, and have won the last six meetings.
- Nichols College to Host “No Evil Project” Exhibit
- Nichols College to Host Lecture on Economic Democracy This Friday
- Nichols College Issued $20M in Bonds for Campus Enhancements
- Nichols College Scores a $5 million Gift
- Nichols Set to Host First International Music Festival
- Seen: Jack Nicholson, Arianna Huffington & More
- Nichols College to Host an NBC Executive and a Huffington Post Contributor
- A New Attitude for Nichols Lacrosse
- Central MA College Standout: Nichols’s Patrick Hoey
- Holy Cross Rolls Nichols, 101-70, Improves to 3-0
- Nichols Women’s Lacrosse Adds 10-Year-Old Cassidy Burke to Roster
- Nichols Men’s Hockey Raises Over $6k for Movember Foundation
- Nichols to Induct 4 Athletes, 2008-09 Men’s Hockey Team to Hall of Fame
- VIDEO: Dirtiest College Basketball Play Ever - Nichols Player Takes Vicious Elbow
- Nichols College Men’s Hockey Raises Over $4,400 for Movember Foundation
- Nichols College Launches $45 Million Fundraising Campaign
- Nichols College Freezes Tuition Increase for 2016