Olynyk’s 26 Points Helps Celtics to 115-105 Game 7 Win Over Washington
Tuesday, May 16, 2017
The Celtics will be in the conference finals for the first time since 2012, when they lost to Miami.
Boston will face the defending NBA champion Cleveland Cavaliers in the conference finals.
They are set to begin on Wednesday, May 17 at TD Garden. Tip-off is set for 8:30 p.m.
Celtics Take Control
In a game that was close throughout until the Boston Celtics took control starting late in the third quarter.
Trailing 79-76 with two minutes to play in the third, a game-tying three by Isaiah Thomas sparked the Celtics to an 18-2 run, capped off by another Thomas three with 10 minutes to play in the game to give Boston a 94-81 lead.
Thomas had 9 points in that stretch for Boston.
The Wizards would rally to within four, 101-97, on the heels of back-to-back three-pointers by Bradley Beal, including a four-point play.
However, Olynyk would score 7 of the Celtics next 9 points as they would cruise to the win in the final minute.
NBA Draft Lottery
The NBA Draft Lottery is set for Tuesday, May 16 at 8:30 p.m. The Celtics have the best chance of getting the number one overall pick in the draft courtesy of the trade with the Brooklyn Nets that sent Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Jason Terry to Brooklyn.
- Celtics Set to Face Cleveland in Battle for Eastern Conference’s Top Seed
- Celtics’ Crowder Has One of Most Team Friendly Contracts in NBA
- Celtics Blown Out by Cleveland 114-91, Fall Out of 1st Place
- Thomas is a Game Time Decision as Celtics Open NBA Playoffs Against Chicago
- Celtics Star Thomas’ Sister Killed in Car Accident in Tacoma, Washington
- Celtics Sign Al Horford to 4-Year Deal
- Celtics Add 6 Players in 2016 NBA Draft
- The Boston Celtics & The 2016 NBA Draft
- NEW: Celtics Select Guerschon Yabusele With the 16th Pick in the Draft
- NEW: Celtics Select Ante Zizic With the 23rd Pick in the NBA Draft
- NEW: Boston Celtics Select Jaylen Brown With 3rd Pick in NBA Draft
- Thomas Scores 33 Points But Celtics Lose Game 1 to Bulls 106-102
- Celtics Fall to Bulls 111-97 in Game 2, Trail Series 2-0
- Brawl in Celtics Game
- Thomas’ 53 Points Leads Celtics to 129-119 Overtime Win Over Wizards in Game 2
- Celtics Blown Out by Wizards 116-89 in Game 3
- Celtics Give up 26 Straight Points En Route to 121-102 Game 4 Loss to Wizards
- Bradley’s 29 Points Leads Celtics to Blow Out Win in Game 5 Over Wizards
- Celtics Knock Down 19 Threes En Route to 123-111 Game 1 Win Over Wizards
- Celtics Open 2nd Round Series Against Washington on Sunday
- Celtics Climb Back in Series With 104-87 Win Over Bulls in Game 3
- Green’s 18 Points Helps Celtics Hold Off Bulls 104-95, Tie Series at 2
- Bradley’s 24 Points Helps Celtics to 108-97 Game 5 Win Over Bulls
- Celtics Eliminate Bulls in Game 6 105-83, Advance to 2nd Round
- Wall’s Three in Final Seconds Sinks Celtics 92-91 in Game 6, Game 7 Set for Monday