Patriots’ Edelman to be on Cover of ESPN’s Body Issue
Saturday, July 01, 2017
“I’ve got very ugly feet. The moment I got in the NFL -- when I started having to do these cone drills and learning how to run routes, and your feet are just constantly going in and sliding and hitting the back or the front of your toe -- my feet have just gotten so ugly. I've got a bunion on my right one. My toenails are all jacked up. I've got scars on the side of them. I'm embarrassed of them. I don't try to hide them, but I don't wear sandals, I'll tell you that right now,” Edelman told ESPN.
He will join fellow New England athlete Isaiah Thomas of the Celtics in the issue.
The issue features almost two dozen athletes and will be released on July 5.
Edelman With the Patriots
Edelman is set to enter his eighth season with the New England Patriots after being drafted by them in 2009.
He is coming off a 2016-17 season in which he made one of the plays of the year in the Super Bowl, a bobbling grab of a tipped Tom Brady pass.
The catch helped lead the Patriots to an overtime win and their fifth Super Bowl championship.
On the season, Edelman had 98 catches for 1,103 yards and three touchdowns. He averaged 11.3 yards per catch. It was his second career 1,000-yard season.
"This was a tough year. To go out and play 16 games is a testament to having a good group of people around you that give you the right things to work on. I kind of knew what I could do to rehab it and when to come back, but I think it's always that little bit of doubt that makes you work harder. There's that little thing in the back of your mind, the fear of failure. It drives me nuts. I think I hate losing more than I love winning," Edelman said.
Most recently, Edelman signed two year contract extension with the Patriots that will last through the 2019 season. According to NFL Network. the deal is worth $11 million, with $9 million in guarantees.
- Patriots’ Gostkowski to be Guest at Fundraiser Benefitting Binkeez for Comfort
- Hightower Returns to Patriots on 4-Year Deal
- Patriots to Visit White House on April 19
- NFL Commissioner Goodell to Attend Patriots Season Opener at Gillette Stadium
- New Orleans Saints Will Not Sign Patriots’ Butler to Offer Sheet
- Patriots Aquire Receiver Brandin Cooks From Saints for Top Draft Pick
- Patriots Sign Develin to 2 Year Deal
- Patriots’ Jones Calls Rookie Season “Painful” & an “Embarrassment”
- Patriots’ Butler to Have Life Story Told in Movie Titled “The Secondary”
- Patriots Receiver Mitchell Seeks Publisher for Children’s Books
- Defensive End Chris Long Will Not Return to Patriots
- Patriots’ Gronkowski Gets in Ring at Wrestlemania
- Brady’s Recovered Super Bowl 49 Jersey to be Displayed in Patriots Hall of Fame
- Patriots Make Trades and Add 2 Players in 3rd Round of NFL Draft
- 5 Things to Know About the Patriots Heading into the 2017 NFL Draft
- Patriots Trade for Kansas City TE O’Shaughnessy, Add 2 Players in Final Day of NFL Draft
- Patriots’ Super Bowl 51 Trophy to Visit Worcester City Hall
- Patriots Sign Wide Receiver Andrew Hawkins to One-Year Deal
- Patriots 2017 Regular Season Schedule Released
- Patriots’ Gronkowski Crashes Spicer’s White House Press Briefing
- Former Steeler Clark Threatens to Quit ESPN Job if Patriots Trade for Sherman
- Patriots 2017 Preseason Schedule Announced
- Former Patriots Star Hernandez Cleared of Double Murder Charges
- NEW: Patriots’ Butler Signs Restricted Free Agent Tender
- Former Patriots Tackle O’Callaghan Comes Out as Gay