Patriots Restructure Gronkowski’s Contract, Add $4.3 Million in Incentives
Friday, August 31, 2018
Gronkowski’s new contract contains an additional $1 million in per-game bonuses and $3.3 million in incentives.
The new contract is similar to Tom Brady’s restructured contract that was announced two weeks ago.
Prior to the restructure, Gronkowski was set to make $9 million in 2018, and now that the chance to make as much as $13.05 million if he hits all his incentives.
According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Gronkowski can make three of the four incentives for a $3.3 million salary boost.
The incentives are as follows:
- $1.1 million for 70 or more catches
- $1.1 million for 80% playing time
- $1.1 million for nine or more TD catches
- $1.1 million for 1,085 receiving yards
Gronkowski vs Incentives
Last season, Gronkowski played in 14 games for the Patriots, missing two games.
He hauled in 69 catches for 1084 yards and eight touchdowns, while averaging 15.7 yards per catch.
His new incentives are all not likely to be earned (NLTBE) because he did not hit those numbers last year.
If Gronkowski does reach any of the incentives, the money will count against the Patriots salary cap next season.
New England Sports Survey - August 2018
- Patriots Select Running Back Sony Michel at #31 Overall
- 5 Things to Know About the Patriots Heading into the 2018 NFL Draft
- Patriots Pick Georgia Offensive Lineman Isaiah Wynn at #23 Overall
- Patriots Make Series of Trades, Add 2 Players on 2nd Day of NFL Draft
- Patriots Add 6 Players on Final Day of NFL Draft
- Patriots 2018 Regular Season Schedule Released
- Legendary Patriots Commentator Gil Santos Dies at 80
- 5 Reasons Why This Will Be the Patriots Last Trip to the Super Bowl for a Long While
- Disturbing Number of NE Patriots Claim Brain Injuries, According to Lawsuit
- Reports: Patriots’ Amendola to Dolphins, Says NFL Network’s Hellie
- Patriots Trade Cooks to Rams for 1st Round Draft Pick
- Matt Light to be Inducted Into Patriots Hall of Fame
- Patriots’ Edelman Facing 4-Game Suspension for Performance Enhancing Drugs
- Patriots Cruise Past Eagles 37-20 in Preseason Game 2
- Patriots Revise Brady’s Contract, Add $5 Million in Incentives
- Patriots 1st Round Draft Pick Wynn Out for Season with Torn Achilles
- Popularity of Patriots, Belichick & Kraft Takes Hit in New Survey
- Patriots Rally to Beat Redskins 26-17 in Preseason Game 1
- Patriots Release Wide Receiver Malcolm Mitchell
- Patriots’ Edelman Apologizes for Using Performance Enhancing Drugs
- Former Patriots Offensive Lineman Jones Dies of Cardiac Arrest
- Patriots Announce Training Camp Dates, Public Practices
- Everything You Need to Know About Patriots Training Camp 2018
- Patriots Beat Giants 17-12 in Final Preseason Game