Red Bulls Score in 90th Minute to Beat Revolution 3-2
Thursday, July 06, 2017
“[We] got to be better in bigger moments. I mean, we gave up a goal right at the end of the game. We gave up a goal on a silly challenge for a penalty kick and gave up a goal two minutes after we scored. So, just moments of the game and it comes right down to being in the moment and being able to know how to make plays in the big moments,” said Revolution head coach Jay Heaps.
The loss drops the Revs to 5-9-5 on the season and in second to last place in the Eastern Conference.
Revs Can’t Hold on
Leading 2-1 in the second half, New York’s Daniel Royer tied the game at 2 in the second half on a penalty kick after he was taken down in the box.
“I don’t think it was the wrong PK call. I think it was a silly challenge,” said Heaps.
The game remained tied at two into the closing moments when New York’s Gonzalo Veron fired a shot from the corner of the 18 yard box that found its way into the back of the net to give New York a 3-2 lead and the win.
The win was New York’s first at Gillette Stadium since 2014.
The Revolution and Red Bulls will meet again on Thursday, July 13 in the 2017 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Quarterfinals at Harvard University’s Jordan Field.
“It’s a couple days off here and then back into it for an Open Cup game against the same team and some big games coming up at home and we don’t have many more. We have zero margin for error so we got to be locked in and loaded and get back into it,” said Heaps.
The match begins at 7:30 p.m.
- Revolution Fall 2-1 to Vancouver, Home Unbeaten Streak Snapped
- Revolution Unbeaten In Seven-Straight, Win 2-1 Over New York
- Revolution Earn 2-2 Tie With Chicago
- Revolution Beat Toronto 3-1 For 5th Straight Win
- Revolution Take 1st Place in East With Win Over Red Bulls
- Revolution Return For 2015 Season
- Revolution Unveil New Secondary Kits
- NE Revolution Announce Viewing Party Locations For Sunday
- Scene Set For Revolution vs. Galaxy MLS Cup Final Matchup
- Revolution Supporters Fill StubHub Center
- Revolution Fall 2-1 To Galaxy In MLS Cup Final
- Jencunas: Trump, Not Sanders, is the Political Revolution
- MA to be National Center for Revolutionary Fiber & Textile Manufacturing Innovation Institute
- Revolution Shut Out 1st Place Toronto FC 3-0
- Revolution Score Late to Tie New York FC 2-2
- Revolution Lose 1st Home Game of Season, Fall 2-1 to Chicago
- Revolution Fall 2-0 to First Place Toronto
- Revolution Edge D.C. United 2-1 to Advance to U.S. Open Cup Quarterfinal
- Caldwell’s Goal Helps Revolution Blank Real Salt Lake 4-0
- College Admissions: 5 Websites Revolutionizing Admissions
- Revolution Players to Serve Dinner to Homeless Veterans Tonight
- Fit For Life: What we Can Learn From the New England Revolution
- Revolution get Shut Out by Union 4-0 at Gillette
- Revolution Fall 4-2 in US Open Cup Final
- Revolution Shut Out by Philadelphia 3-0