Revolution Can’t Hold 2-0 Lead, Play Orlando City to 3-3 Draw
Sunday, August 05, 2018
With the tie, the Revolution fall to 7-7-8 on the season, while Orlando City falls to 7-14-2.
Revs Can’t Hold Lead
The Revolution got off to a fast start with goals by Juan Agudelo and Christian Penilla in the seventh and 18th minutes respectively.
However, Orlando City would rally.
Orlando’s Dom Dwyer scored in the 45th minute to cut New England’s lead to 2-1 heading into the half.
In the second half, Amro Tarek tied the game in the 71st minute.
The Revolution would take the lead again on a goal by Teal Bunbury, his 11th of the season, in the 76th minute, but again were not able to hold on.
In stoppage time, Orlando’s Scott Sutter found the back of the net to tie the game at three and seal the draw.
The Revolution return to action on Saturday, August 11 when they host the Philadelphia Union at Gillette Stadium.
Game time is set for 7:30 p.m.
- Blackstone Valley Tech to Host Screening of Documentary on Gender Revolution
- Revolution Fall to Philadelphia 2-0 in Season Opener
- Revolution, New York City FC Play to 2-2 Draw
- Revolution Blank Houston 2-0
- Revolution Fall to Orlando City FC 6-1
- Revolution Beat Toronto FC 2-1 in Final Minutes
- Kamara’s Hat Trick Leads Revolution Past Orlando 4-0
- Nguyen’s Goal Lifts Revolution Over Montreal 1-0
- Revolution Fall 7-0 to Atlanta, Remain Winless on Road
- Revolution Fall 3-1 to Sporting KC, Remain Winless on Road
- Revolution Fall 1-0 to FC Dallas
- Revolution, Columbus Crew Play to 2-2 Draw
- Revolution Play Chicago Fire to 1-1 Draw
- Bunbury Scores 8th Goal of Season, Revolution Rally to Beat Red Bulls 2-1
- Revolution Play San Jose to 2-2 Draw
- Revolution Edge D.C. United 3-2
- Revolution Play Seattle to 0-0 Draw
- Revolution Coach Friedel to be Inducted Into National Soccer Hall of Fame
- Bunbury’s Penalty Kick Gives Revolution 1-1 Tie With Atlanta United
- Revolution Fall to Montreal 4-2
- Revolution Hold Off Toronto FC 3-2
- Revolution Fall to Columbus 1-0
- Revolution Play to 3-3 Draw With Vancouver