Revolution Edge D.C. United 3-2
Sunday, July 01, 2018
With the win, the Revolution improved to 7-4-6 on the season, while D.C. United falls to 2-7-4.
Penilla Wins it
With the game tied at two, Penilla earned a penalty kick in the 78th minute and buried it to give the Revolution a 3-2 lead.
The goal was his second of the game and eight of the season, second-most among MLS rookies.
Prior to that, the Revolution took a 2-1 lead on a goal by Teal Bunbury in the 45th minute, however, they were not able to hang on as D.C. United’s Yamil Asad tied the game in the 73rd minute.
Bunbury’s goal was his 10th of the season, a new single-season career-high.
The Revolution return to action on Saturday, July 7 when they host the Seattle Sounders.
Game time is set for 7:30 p.m.
- Revolution Beat Toronto FC 2-1 in Final Minutes
- Revolution Fall 3-1 to Sporting KC, Remain Winless on Road
- Revolution Fall to Orlando City FC 6-1
- Blackstone Valley Tech to Host Screening of Documentary on Gender Revolution
- Revolution Name Friedel New Head Coach
- Revolution Fall 7-0 to Atlanta, Remain Winless on Road
- Nguyen’s Goal Lifts Revolution Over Montreal 1-0
- Revolution Fall 4-1 to Chicago Fire
- Bunbury’s Goal Lifts Revolution to 1-0 Win Over Vancouver
- Revolution Fall 1-0 to D.C. United
- Kamara’s Hat Trick Leads Revolution Past Orlando 4-0
- Revolution Fall to Philadelphia 2-0 in Season Opener
- Revolution, New York City FC Play to 2-2 Draw
- Bunbury’s Penalty Kick Gives Revolution 1-1 Tie With Atlanta United
- Revolution Play to 3-3 Draw With Vancouver
- Revolution Coach Friedel to be Inducted Into National Soccer Hall of Fame
- Bunbury Scores 8th Goal of Season, Revolution Rally to Beat Red Bulls 2-1
- Revolution Play Chicago Fire to 1-1 Draw
- Revolution Hold Off Toronto FC 3-2
- Revolution Blank Houston 2-0
- Revolution Fall 1-0 to FC Dallas
- Revolution, Columbus Crew Play to 2-2 Draw
- Revolution Fall to Montreal 4-2
- Revolution Play San Jose to 2-2 Draw