Revolution Fall to Red Bulls 1-0, Eliminated from U.S. Open Cup
Friday, July 14, 2017
New England is denied a second straight appearance in the tournament’s semi-final round.
Red Bulls Score Late to get Win
The Revolution had several opportunities to get on the board. New England’s Chris Tierney missed an opportunity on a free kick in the 23rd minute.
Early in the second half, Teal Bunbury missed an opportunity in the 59th minute that would have given the Revs a 1-0 second half lead.
In the 87th minute, Red Bulls forward Bradley Wright-Phillips scored the game's lone goal shortly after Revolution defender Benjamin Angoua was given red card for violent conduct. ‘
In total, the match saw seven yellow cards and two red cards.
The Revolution return to action on Saturday, July 22 when they host the LA Galaxy at Gillette Stadium.
Game time is set for 7:30 p.m.
- Revolution Earn 2-2 Tie With Chicago
- Revolution Fall 2-1 to Vancouver, Home Unbeaten Streak Snapped
- Revolution Beat Toronto 3-1 For 5th Straight Win
- Revolution Take 1st Place in East With Win Over Red Bulls
- Jencunas: Trump, Not Sanders, is the Political Revolution
- Revolution Unbeaten In Seven-Straight, Win 2-1 Over New York
- Revolution Return For 2015 Season
- Scene Set For Revolution vs. Galaxy MLS Cup Final Matchup
- Revolution Supporters Fill StubHub Center
- Revolution Fall 2-1 To Galaxy In MLS Cup Final
- Revolution Unveil New Secondary Kits
- MA to be National Center for Revolutionary Fiber & Textile Manufacturing Innovation Institute
- Revolution Players to Serve Dinner to Homeless Veterans Tonight
- Revolution Lose 1st Home Game of Season, Fall 2-1 to Chicago
- Revolution Shut Out 1st Place Toronto FC 3-0
- Revolution Fall 2-0 to First Place Toronto
- Revolution Edge D.C. United 2-1 to Advance to U.S. Open Cup Quarterfinal
- Revolution Shut Out by Philadelphia 3-0
- Revolution Score Late to Tie New York FC 2-2
- Caldwell’s Goal Helps Revolution Blank Real Salt Lake 4-0
- Fit For Life: What we Can Learn From the New England Revolution
- Revolution get Shut Out by Union 4-0 at Gillette
- Revolution Fall 4-2 in US Open Cup Final
- College Admissions: 5 Websites Revolutionizing Admissions
- Red Bulls Score in 90th Minute to Beat Revolution 3-2