video: Revs Fall 2-1 to New York FC in Final Minute
Monday, August 21, 2017
The loss drops the Revolution to 8-11-5 on the season.
They sit in second to last place in the Eastern Conference.
Revs Lose in Final Minutes
With the game tied at one in stoppage time, New York’s David Villa stopped a cross from RJ Allen on the left side before dropping it to Ben Sweat, who one-timed a left footer to Jonathan Lewis at the top of the 6-yard box for the go-ahead goal in the fourth minute of stoppage time.
The Revolution grabbed a 1-0 lead earlier in the half when Teal Bunbury cashed in on a rebound from a shot by Andrew Farrell.
The goal was Bunbury’s fifth in his last five games.
Villa would tie the game for New York in the 77th minute.
The Revolution return to action Saturday, August 26 when they visit D.C. United at RFK Stadium.
Game time is set for 7 p.m.
Dielna on late goals against: "I don't like to speak about this when I lose. I'm a winner, so I don't like to speak about it." #NERevs— Jeff Lemieux (@jeff_lemieux) August 21, 2017
- Revolution get Shut Out by Union 4-0 at Gillette
- Fit For Life: What we Can Learn From the New England Revolution
- Revolution Fall 4-2 in US Open Cup Final
- College Admissions: 5 Websites Revolutionizing Admissions
- Caldwell’s Goal Helps Revolution Blank Real Salt Lake 4-0
- Revolution Players to Serve Dinner to Homeless Veterans Tonight
- MA to be National Center for Revolutionary Fiber & Textile Manufacturing Innovation Institute
- Revolution Earn 2-2 Tie With Chicago
- Revolution Beat Toronto 3-1 For 5th Straight Win
- Revolution Take 1st Place in East With Win Over Red Bulls
- Red Bulls Score in 90th Minute to Beat Revolution 3-2
- Revolution Score Late to Tie New York FC 2-2
- Revolution Shut Out 1st Place Toronto FC 3-0
- Bunbury’s 2 Goals Lift Revolution Over Galaxy 4-3
- Old Sturbridge Village Set for Revolutionary War Reenactment
- Revolution to Host 3rd Annual Bowl for a Goal at Splitsville Luxury Lanes
- Kamara’s 2 Goals Lift Revolution Past Philadelphia 3-0
- Revolution Fall 4-1 to Chicago Fire
- Revolution Fall to Red Bulls 1-0, Eliminated from U.S. Open Cup
- Revolution Lose 1st Home Game of Season, Fall 2-1 to Chicago