Rozier & Tatum Lead Celtics Past 76ers 117-101 in Game 1
Tuesday, May 01, 2018
Rozier hit the 29 point mark for the second straight game while Tatum becomes the first Celtics rookie to score at least 28 points in a playoff game since Larry Bird did it in 1980.
The Celtics lead the series 1-0.
After the Celtics led 56-45 at the half, the 76ers opened the half on a 5-0 run to cut Boston’s lead to 56-50 following a Joel Embid hook shot with 10:47 to play in the third quarter.
The Celtics would then go on an 8-2 run capped off by a Tatum layup to take a 64-52 lead with 9:18 left to play in the third quarter.
The 76ers would again pull within six, 64-58, but again the Celtics would use a quick 8-0 run to extend their lead to 72-58 with 5:39 left in the quarter.
Boston would take an 87-75 lead into the final quarter.
In the fourth quarter, the 76ers would get as close as nine, 97-88, with 5:57 left to play in the game before the Celtics would go on a 7-2 run to take a 104-90 lead with 4:21 left to play.
The Celtics would cruise to the win.
Game 2 Upcoming
Game two of the series is set for Thursday, May 3 at the TD Garden in Boston.
Game time is set for 8:30 p.m.
- Celtics Acquire Kyrie Irving in Trade With Cleveland Involving Isaiah Thomas
- Celtics Trade Bradley to Pistons for Marcus Morris
- Cleveland May Try to Void Trade With Celtics Following Thomas’ Physical
- Celtics Send 2020 2nd Round Pick to Cleveland to Seal Irving Trade
- Celtics Fall to Cleveland 102-99 in Season Opener
- ESPN Reports Hayward Signing with Celtics
- Celtics Select Duke’s Tatum With #3 Overall Pick in NBA Draft
- Bradley’s Three Lifts Celtics Over Cleveland 111-108 in Game 3
- Celtics Can’t Hold 16 Point Lead, Fall 112-99 To Cleveland in Game 4
- Celtics Eliminated From Playoffs Following Game 5 Loss to Cleveland
- Celtics Trade #1 Pick to Philadelphia for #3 Pick in NBA Draft
- UPDATED: Celtics Hayward Suffers Gruesome Injury in Season Opener
- Celtics’ Hayward Has Surgery, Likely Out for Season
- Celtics Get Blown Out by Bucks in Game 3, 116-92
- Brown’s 30 Points Leads Celtics to 120-106 Win Over Bucks in Game 2
- Celtics Comeback Falls Short, Lose to Bucks 104-102 in Game 4
- Smart Returns, Celtics Hold Off Bucks 92-87 in Game 5
- Celtics Fall to Bucks 97-86 in Game 6, Game 7 Set for Saturday Night in Boston
- Celtics Win Game 1 Over Bucks, 113-107 in Overtime
- Celtics’ Irving to Miss Remainder of Season, Playoffs
- Brown, Tatum Lead Celtics Past Knicks 110-89
- Irving’s 47 Leads Celtics Rally Past Mavs 110-102 in OT - 16 Wins in a Row
- 16 Winning Streak Over, Celtics Fall to Miami 104-98
- NABLEO Blasts Boston Police for Tweet Honoring Celtics’ Auerbach During Black History Month
- Celtics Beat Bucks 112-96 in Game 7