Sharks Score Three in Third, Beat Bruins 4-2
Sunday, November 09, 2014
Lighting the Lamp
The Bruins led 2-1 going into the third period but then the Sharks offense exploded for three goals. Rookie Chris Tierney scored his first goal as a professional hockey player to tie the game up at two and then Eriah Hayes put in the game winner off an offensive zone faceoff. Later in the period, Ryan Carpenter added an insurance marker, his third goal in as many games.
Tierney was named the first star of the game in his AHL debut, posting a goal and two assists for a three point night for the Worcester Sharks. Chris Tierney dressed in 11 games for the San Jose Sharks (NHL) earlier this season, recording two points, before being sent down to Worcester.
Another Solid Performance
Between the pipes, Troy Grosenick picked up his AHL leading seventh win of the season with 23 saves in the game including nine in the third period.
Hitting the Road
The Worcester Sharks next hit the road as they visit the Springfield Falcons on Tuesday for a 3 p.m. game. You can watch the game on AHLLive.com.
- Worcester Sharks Score 3-on-3 Overtime Winner in Binghamton
- Worcester Sharks Lose 3-4 to Portland Pirates
- Worcester Sharks Beat Portland Pirates 4-1
- Worcester Sharks Beat Providence Bruins in Overtime Thriller
- Worcester Sharks Score 5-4 Victory Over Hershey Bears
- Sharks Late Rally Not Enough, Fall to Wolf Pack 4-3
- Worcester Sharks #SharkWeek on Tap Beginning Saturday
- Sharks Score Twice in 61 Seconds, Beat Phantoms 4-3