Three Teams Tied for 1st Heading Into Final Leg of Volvo Ocean Race
Friday, June 15, 2018
Team Brunel of the Netherlands held off Spain’s Team MAPFRE to win leg ten to Gothenburg, Sweden on Thursday.
Brunel’s win gives them 65 points overall, tied with MAPFRE, and they are both just one point ahead of China’s Team Dongfeng.
According to race officials, Dongfeng will likely get a bonus point for the fastest elapsed time, giving them 65 points.
Winner Take All Leg 11 Begins
Leg 11 of the race from Sweeden to the Netherlands starts on June 21. It is the final leg of the race.
The race will finish on June 30.
- Leg 6 of 2018 Volvo Ocean Race Kicks Off
- Volvo Ocean Race Team Discovers Abandoned Ship in Pacific Ocean During Leg 6
- China’s Sun Hung Kai/Scallywag Wins Leg 4 of Volvo Ocean Race
- Man Falls Overboard During Leg 4 of Volvo Ocean Race
- Spain’s Team MAPFRE Takes Leg 3 of Volvo Ocean Race
- Dongfeng, AkzoNobel Take Commanding Lead in Leg 4 of Volvo Ocean Race
- Volvo Ocean Race Generates Nearly 100 Million Euros in Spain
- Vestas 11th Hour Racing Returns to Action in Leg 7 of Volvo Ocean Race
- Volvo Ocean Race Boats Set to Arrive in Newport Monday Night
- Volvo Ocean Race Boats Begin Leg 9 to Cardiff, Wales
- Volvo Ocean Race Newport Stopover to Contribute to Fight Against Plastic Littering
- Vestas 11th Hour Racing Dimasted During Leg 7 of Volvo Ocean Race
- Man Falls Overboard During Leg 7 of Volvo Ocean Race
- Volvo Ocean Race Sold to Atlant Ocean Racing Spain