Thomas Injured, Cavaliers Hand Celtics Worst Home Playoff Loss in Team History
Saturday, May 20, 2017
Thomas played 18 minutes in the game and scored two points. His status is uncertain for game 3.
For the second straight game the Celtics had no answers for Cleveland, who did whatever they wanted on offense and defense, handing the Celtics their worst home playoff loss in team history.
Cleveland leads the series 2-0 and are now 10-0 in the Playoffs.
The Celtics trailed 11-10 following two free throws from Thomas with 6:35 to play in the first quarter. From that point, Cleveland went on a 21-8 run to take a 32-18 into the second quarter.
In the second, Cleveland put the game away.
The Cavaliers outscored the Celtics 40-13 in the quarter and took a 41 point lead, 72-31, into the half.
Cleveland would extend their lead to as much as 50 points in the second half before winning the game by 44 points.
The Cavaliers were led by LeBron James who scored 30 points, while Kyrie Irving added 23 points.
The Celtics shot 37% from the field and 29% from three in the game. Boston was led by Jaylen Brown who scored 19 points off the bench.
Game 3 is set for Sunday night in Cleveland. Tip-off is set for 8:30 p.m.
George, Butler or Hayward aren't going to make a 40+ pt. difference if Celtics & Cavs meet in finals next year. Not worth trading the pick.— Kristine Leahy (@KristineLeahy) May 20, 2017
- Celtics Star Thomas’ Sister Killed in Car Accident in Tacoma, Washington
- Thomas is a Game Time Decision as Celtics Open NBA Playoffs Against Chicago
- Thomas Scores 33 Points But Celtics Lose Game 1 to Bulls 106-102
- Celtics Fall to Bulls 111-97 in Game 2, Trail Series 2-0
- Celtics Climb Back in Series With 104-87 Win Over Bulls in Game 3
- Celtics Blown Out by Cleveland 114-91, Fall Out of 1st Place
- Celtics Set to Face Cleveland in Battle for Eastern Conference’s Top Seed
- NEW: Boston Celtics Select Jaylen Brown With 3rd Pick in NBA Draft
- Celtics Add 6 Players in 2016 NBA Draft
- Celtics Sign Al Horford to 4-Year Deal
- Celtics’ Crowder Has One of Most Team Friendly Contracts in NBA
- Green’s 18 Points Helps Celtics Hold Off Bulls 104-95, Tie Series at 2
- Bradley’s 24 Points Helps Celtics to 108-97 Game 5 Win Over Bulls
- Bradley’s 29 Points Leads Celtics to Blow Out Win in Game 5 Over Wizards
- Celtics Give up 26 Straight Points En Route to 121-102 Game 4 Loss to Wizards
- Wall’s Three in Final Seconds Sinks Celtics 92-91 in Game 6, Game 7 Set for Monday
- Olynyk’s 26 Points Helps Celtics to 115-105 Game 7 Win Over Washington
- Celtics Set to Open Eastern Conference Finals Against Cleveland Wednesday Night
- Celtics Blown Out by Wizards 116-89 in Game 3
- Brawl in Celtics Game
- Celtics Eliminate Bulls in Game 6 105-83, Advance to 2nd Round
- Celtics Open 2nd Round Series Against Washington on Sunday
- Celtics Knock Down 19 Threes En Route to 123-111 Game 1 Win Over Wizards
- Thomas’ 53 Points Leads Celtics to 129-119 Overtime Win Over Wizards in Game 2
- Slow Start Leads Celtics to 117-104 Loss to Cleveland in Game 1