slides: Who Were the 17 Patriots Players Who Knelt During the National Anthem?
Monday, September 25, 2017
As sports and politics collided this weekend, seventeen New England Patriots players chose to kneel during the National Anthem at Gillette Stadium prior to the game versus the Houston Texans.
While these players knelt, other teammates locked arms during the National Anthem, and many fans booed and chanted "stand up."
The most recent political debate was sparked by President Donald Trump, who on Friday called on NFL owners to fire players who did not stand during the anthem.
Here are the 17 players.
Related Slideshow: The 17 Patriots Players Who Knelt During National Anthem
- Raiders Running Back Lynch Mocks Brady, Patriots in New Macklemore Music Video
- Patriots Become First NFL Team with Private Planes, Will Fly Out of T.F. Green
- What to Watch For: Jaguars vs Patriots Preseason Game 1
- 5 Takeaways From Patriots 31-24 Loss to Jacksonville in Preseason Game 1
- Patriots Place Hightower, Branch on PUP List to Open Training Camp
- Former Patriots Tackle O’Callaghan Comes Out as Gay
- Patriots’ Edelman to be on Cover of ESPN’s Body Issue
- Patriots’ Amendola Signs Modeling Deal With Ford Model
- Everything to Need to Know About Patriots 2017 Training Camp
- 5 Takeaways From Patriots 27-23 Loss to Houston in Preseason Game 2
- Patriots Linebacker Hightower Returns to Practice
- Patriots Defense Can’t Stop Kansas City, Pats Fall 42-27
- What to Watch For: Chiefs vs Patriots
- What to Watch For: Patriots vs. Saints
- Brady’s 3 Touchdown Passes Lead Patriots Past Saints 36-20
- What to Watch For: Texans vs. Patriots
- Patriots Trade Brissett, Cut Roster to 53 Players
- What to Watch For: Patriots vs Lions Preseason Game 3
- 5 Takeaways From the Patriots 30-28 Preseason Win vs Detroit
- NEW: Patriots’ Edelman Looks to Have Suffered Torn ACL, Out for Season
- What to Watch For: Giants vs Patriots Preseason Game 4
- Will Political Division and CTE Kill New England’s Love of the Patriots?