poll: Who Should Replace Jim Polito on WTAG?
Monday, December 10, 2012
Who Should Replace Jim Polito on WTAG?
- 536 vote - Jen Roy - Former TV Reporter
- 418 vote - Chris Pinto - Worcester GOP
- 200 vote - Rob Eno - Red Mass Group
- 54 vote - Joe O'Brien - Former Mayor of Worcester
- 44 vote - Peter Blute - Former Radio Host & Congressman
- 27 vote - Tom Finneran - Former Speaker of the House
In the post rush Limbaugh's rant against Sandra Fluke, the talk radio platform has been under greater analysis and a big loss in advertising revenue. Many advertisers dropped advertising on talk format after the controversy.
According to Access4Atlanta, "News/talk and sports talk stations on the AM dial have seen their audiences age and slip away. Radio companies with sinking AM signals have been adding FM simulcast signals to bolster their collective audiences."
The demographic of most AM talk radio shows are male, 50 plus years of age who consider themselves to be politically conservative.
Your turn - who should replace Polito?