NEW: UMass Doctor Scores $150K Grant From March of Dimes
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
The $150,000 grant will be for a period of two years through January 31, 2015, for Dr. Trivedi's research project "“Hdac3 Regulates Early Cardiac Development.”
Dr. Trivedi is an assistant professor in the Department of Cardiovascular Medicine at UMass Medical School. He previously participated in a team of researchers that investigated the role of an enzyme called Hdac2 in the process of heart regeneration.
The March of Dimes has invested more than $84 million nationally in research and more than $7.9 million through national research grants in Massachusetts.
- NEW: UMass Med Faculty Elected to Top Science Society
- NEW: UMass Med Ranked #9 in Primary Care Education by U.S. News & World Report
- NEW: UMass Med to Seek Taxable Tenants For Biotech Park
- NEW: UMass Med’s New Sherman Center Earns Top Green Certification
- NEW: UMass Medical School Finds New Partner for Biomedical Innovation
- UMass Med Professor Portrays the Brain’s Functions as Art
- NEW: UMass Researcher Wins Janssen Award