Organize + Energize: 7 Ways To Save Time
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Here are 7 time-saving tips:
1. Plan your outfits and your children’s outfits for the week on Sunday.
Iron everything, decide on accessories and shoes. If you are looking for a great organizational product to organize your children’s clothes by the day, check out www.organizables.com. You can also use clothing dividers that are labeled by the day and insert them in front of the outfit for that day.
2. Have a home for your keys, whether it is by the door, in a decorative bowl, or on a decorative hook.
The idea is to be consistent and place them in that area every day. Grab and go. No more running around the house searching for keys or grabbing the wrong keys.
3. Plan your meals ahead for the week.
No fussing in the morning anymore trying to prepare. Plan ahead and you can enjoy that free time in the morning, eating breakfast, spending time with the kids, checking your social media, emails and relaxing a little before work. Plan to make one trip a week to the supermarket. Purchase everything you need for the week in one trip. Save, time, money, gas and maybe even lose weight in the process by avoiding impulse purchases.
4. Utilize a to-do list on a daily basis.
A to-do list will keep you on track with errands and you will know where you need to be and won’t waste time running all over the state frazzled.
5. Keep your bathroom cabinets organized.
When you are getting ready in the morning, this will keep you from racing around looking for items. Organize your makeup, toiletries, hair products, and accessories.
6. Have a filing system contained to one area in your home.
This should be where all your bills and important documents are kept. Process your mail as soon as it arrives.
7. Get every room and drawer in your home organized!
Nobody says you have to get your home organized in a day. Start small with a drawer and move from there. Purchase a drawer divider for every drawer in your home. You will now know exactly what is in that junk drawer. No more fumbling around and wasting time trying to find a gadget.
These are just some of the ways you can save time. There are many more tweaks you can make to the way you function throughout the week. Think about where you waste time and how you can improve on that.
You will save time, money, have more energy, be less stressed and become more efficient and productive when you become organized. Practice these tips and you will reap these benefits. You may have so much time on your hands you won’t know what to do with yourself!
- 10 Steps To Creating a New Home Organization System
- 10 Ways to Avoid Distraction When Organizing
- 10 Organizing Tips for Reducing Your Holiday Stress
- 5 Tips For Organizing + Storing Your Holiday Decorations
- Organize + Energize: 10 Ways To Stay On Top Of Your Mail
- Organize + Energize: 9 Ways To Get The Most Out of Containers
- 8 Steps To An Organized Closet