Zach Braff Stumps for Warren in Worcester
Friday, October 12, 2012
The event is being hosted by the Democrats of Clark University, and the student group's president, senior Lianna Stroster, says this appearance came together somewhat at the last minute.
"Our group works with the Warren campaign, and we have students that volunteer on the campaign as well," Stroster said. "We got a call two or three days ago from the campaign saying that (Braff) was willing to do an appearance here, and we couldn't have been more ecstatic."
Braff is one of several notable actors that have come out in support of Warren's Senate run, including Ben Affleck, Matt Damon and "The Office's" John Krasinski. Braff announced his coming to the University's campus in a humorous tweet sent out from his popular twitter handle @zachbraff.
"I'm coming to Massachusetts this weekend and I'm gonna be all up in UMass; Amherst, Northeastern and apparently some dude named Clark…"
"We think he's going to be great speaking and rallying the youth vote," Stroster said. "He may not still be in college, but he is certainly a lot closer than a lot of other people out there."
Braff will speak to students in Clark's Tilton Hall on the second floor of the Higgins University Center at 950 Main St. in Worcester. He is expected to begin at 1 pm.
- Elizabeth Warren - Working Hard to Deceive
- Elizabeth Warren: Undocumented Lawyer
- First Brown-Warren Debate: Who Came Out On Top?
- Controversial Conversations Occurring at Clark University
- MSNBC Show Host Discusses “Blackness” at Clark University
- NEW: Clark University Commencement Speaker Announced
- Clark Professor: Brown-Warren Race to Get Uglier