NEW: Voters Face Long Lines at Worcester Polls
Tuesday, November 06, 2012
Democratic State Committeeman Paul Giorgio said that lines were out the door at the Greenwood Gardens polling location and that the line outside Temple Emanuel off Chandler Street was wrapping around the block this morning.
With regard to election observers, today's election is going substantially smoother than the September state primary election, according to Chris Robarge, Central Mass field coordinator for the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).
Robarge said the ACLU has representatives deployed to about 25 polling precincts, roughly half of all the city's precincts.
"So far, it seems as if the observers have all been behaving themselves," he said.
"The process seems to be working fairly well in terms of the additional training and the fact that they are creating physical cordons for the observers to be in."
- Congressman McGovern Talks Democratic Unity this Election Season
- Election Day Freebies + Specials in Central MA
- GoLocalTV: Video Coverage All Election Day
- Mary Keefe Confident She Can Hold 15th for Dems
- State Rep. Candidate Bill McCarthy Casts His Vote
- State Rep. O’Day Knows Campaign is Far From Over
- Voter Guide: 20 Things to Watch on Election Day
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.