NEW: Murray “Would Like to Be Governor”
Thursday, November 15, 2012
The former Worcester Mayor did not go as far as making a formal announcement of his candidacy, but he expressed a definite interest in succeeding Governor Deval Patrick, who has said he will not run for reelection when his term ends in 2014.
Murray's statement is the latest installment in a week of political speculation in Massachusetts following the reelection of President Barack Obama. While it had been rumored that Patrick might depart for a cabinet position in Washington, opening the door for Murray to fill his shoes, the curent Governor has said that he will serve out the remainder of his term.
With Massachusetts senior Senator John Kerry on the short list for both Secretary of State and Secretary of Defense, the political landscape of the Bay State may still be shaken up in the coming weeks.
- If Sen. Kerry Becomes Sec. of State - See the Domino Effect
- If Patrick Becomes US Attorney General - See How the Cards Fall
- Is Gov. Patrick Headed For Washington?
- NEW: Lt. Gov. Murray Seals Worcester Rail Deal
- NEW: Murray Elected Leader of National Lt. Governors Association
- NEW: Murray Joins CSX for Opening of New Westborough Facility
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.