NEW: Worcester Unemployment Dips in October
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Overall, the unemployment rate in the Worcester metro area dropped from 7.1 percent in September to 6.8 percent in October. This is also down from last year at this time when the unemployment rate was 7.2 percent.
The Leominster-Fitchburg-Gardner metro area saw a decrease in the unemployment rate as well. The jobless rate dropped to 8.2 percent from the 8.7 percent it was in September and the 9.0 percent it was last year at this time.
In the state as a whole, the unemployment rate dropped from 6.4 percent in September to 6.2 percent in October. This is also down from 6.7 percent at this time last year.
Across the country, the unemployment rate has dropped in 329 of 372 metropolitan areas since this time last year. The national unemployment rate is 7.5 percent which is down from 8.5 percent at this time last October.
- NEW: Unemployment Rate Dips to 6.4 percent in Massachusetts
- NEW: Mass Adds Jobs, but Unemployment Rises
- NEW: MA Unemployment Rate Up To 6.6 Percent in October
- NEW: Commonwealth Adds Jobs, but Unemployment Goes Up
- NEW: Unemployment Rates Down in Massachusetts; Largest Job Gains in Worcester