NEW: Research Bureau Announces 2013 Public Service Awards
Friday, February 15, 2013
This year's winners are Jenna Alimberti of the Worcester Police Department, Kevin Chviruk of Worcester Public Schools' Custodian Services,
Michael Masley, Jr. of Oxford High School and Patricia Ryan, also of Worcester Public Schools.
Award winners will be publicly recognized at a ceremony on March 20, 2013 at Assumption College at 5:00p.m. The ceremony will be followed by a free reception at the college for the winners and their families, friends, and fellow employees.
The Research Bureau's annual awards to outstanding City employees are named in memory of the late Thomas S. Green, a a founder and Director of The Research Bureau.
Green joined the Norton Company, now Saint-Gobain, in 1947 and later rose the the position of Vice President. He served as a member of the City Civic Center Commission, as a Director of the Worcester Public Library, and as a member of the Advisory Committee to the Worcester Selective Service Board.
Green also served as President of the Worcester Area Chamber of Commerce, the Citizens' Plan E Association, the Social Service Planning Corporation, and the Worcester Historical Museum.
The awards are open to all city and town employees except department and division heads and recognize municipal employees in Worcester County who show exceptional competence and efficient handling of assigned responsiblities, perform above and beyond the call of duty, possess a friendly and cooperative attitude toward the public and fellow employees and volunteer with community service projects outside of work as well.
- NEW: MA Awarded $720,000 for Small Business Exports
- NEW: Research Bureau Accepting Nominations for Public Service Awards
- Research Bureau: Why Worcester Needs a Selective Public School
- Report: Minorities Driving Worcester’s Population Growth
- Central Mass. Awarded $5 Million To Revamp Community Health Centers
- Clark Awarded $600,000 for Humanities Initiatives
- NEW: Holy Cross Awarded for “Green” Residence Hall