WEATHER UPDATE: More Snow This Weekend for Central MA
Friday, February 15, 2013
Once again it is another one of those situations where everything has to come together perfectly to create an intense storm, located in the ideal place to bring us a major snowstorm. Again, I have to caution that many things can go wrong (or right, depending on your point of view) and the storm could develop too far out to sea, thus snowing on the fish and not Southern New England.
It looks like we should have some light snow or snow and rain showers as a cold front moves through the area on Saturday. As the front moves offshore a disturbance should develop on the front. It is that intensifying storm that has the potential to bring several inches of snow mainly to Eastern New England, including Central Massachusetts, later Saturday night and Sunday. If the storm forms too far east of us, the heavier snow potential will fizzle. With the cold front still very far to our west, it is far too early to have any certainty on the whole situation.
More updates will follow as more data comes in and the time frame narrows.
- College Admissions: Best Ski + Snowboard Colleges in the East
- College Admissions: Best Ski + Snowboard Colleges in the West
- Modern Manners + Etiquette: Snow Shoveling Etiquette + More
- The LOOK: Snow Day Beauty Projects
- The Worst Snow Storms in MA History
- Worcester Sidewalks Still Snow-Covered Despite Ordinance
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.