Former Gov. Weld Endorses Gabriel Gomez for U.S. Senate
Monday, April 22, 2013
Weld once ran for the U.S Senate against John Kerry in 1996. Weld, a moderate Republican endorsed President Barack Obama over John McCain in 2008.
Gomez faces Representative Dan Winslow and former federal prosecutor Michael Sullivan in the GOP primary.
Today I endorsed Gabriel Gomez for U.S. Senate.
After getting to know Gabriel and watching his campaign it is clear to me he is exactly the new American leader that this state needs in the Senate. As a son of immigrants, a Navy SEAL and a successful businessman, Gabriel has a unique set of experiences and skills that will bring an outsider’s perspective to Washington D.C.
As the 68th governor of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts I hope you will join me in supporting Gabriel in his run for U.S. Senate.
We need a fiscal conservative who is talking about solutions for getting our economy back on track and moving the country forward. This primary has three excellent candidates, but Gabriel’s common-sense ideas and remarkable leadership make him the obvious choice for those that believe deeply in the need for a big tent Republican Party.
Sincerely, Governor Bill Weld
- NEW: Gabriel Gomez Releases Video Announcing Senate Run
- NEW: US Sen. Candidate Winslow Snags Boston Herald Endorsement
- NEW: Lynch Won’t Run Campaign Ads on WCVB
- Which PACs Are Bankrolling Markey and Lynch?
- NEW: Gomez Mounts Fundraising Push Ahead of Campaign Kickoff
- Activate Worcester Hosts US Senate Candidate Michael Sullivan
- NEW: MA Nurses Association Backs Lynch in U.S. Senate Race
- Will Markey and Lynch Debate in Worcester?
- NEW: Gomez Releases New Senate Campaign Video
- Sullivan Shakes Up GOP Contest for U.S. Senate Seat
- NEW: Markey and Lynch Reach Agreement on Senate Primary Debates
- NEW: Markey Calls for People’s Pledge in Senate Special Election
- NEW: Gomez U.S. Senate Campaign Kick-off Speech
- Lynch Launches Ad - Focuses on Working Families
- NEW: Markey and Lynch Sign People’s Pledge in Senate Race
- NEW: Markey Calls on GOP Candidates To Sign People’s Pledge ASAP
- Sullivan Releases Attack Ad Calling Gomez an “Obama Republican”
- Markey Vs Lynch: By the Numbers
- NEW: Police Unions Endorse Lynch
- NEW: Markey to Run for Senate
- Activate Worcester Hosts US Senate Candidate Dan Winslow
- Markey vs. Lynch: Who Will Come Out On Top?
- NEW: Stephen Lynch Senate Run Still Up In The Air
- NEW: Planned Parenthood Backs Markey in U.S. Senate Race
- NEW: Senate Candidate Winslow Makes Pitch to Worcester GOP
- NEW: Lynch Calls for Better VA Funding on Iraq War Anniversary
- NEW: WCVB Responds to Lynch’s Allegations of Contract Dispute
- NEW: State Rep. Winslow To Explore GOP Senate Run
- NEW: Lynch Kicks Off Senate Campaign With Stop In Worcester
- Stephen Lynch Declares for Kerry’s Senate Seat