NEW: Brown Criticizes Warren for Uncontrolled Spending
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
"With the deficit exceeding one trillion dollars for the fourth year in a row, we must act now to rein in runaway government spending," Brown said in the statement, adding that he supported a balanced budget.
"Professor Warren will do nothing to control spending. She is calling for a new stimulus, even though the last one failed," the senator said.
"Her reckless economic policies and her hostility toward job creators will drive our economy over the cliff to fiscal ruin."
The Warren campaign released a statment in response to Brown's attack accusing the Senator of distracting voters from the GOP's policies on women.
"Unfortunately for Brown, the Boston Globe sponsored an independent review of both candidates' deficit reduction plans that concluded Elizabeth Warren's plan was 67% more effective than Scott Brown's at reducing our debt," the statement read.
"Brown knows that, yet chooses to try to deceive voters with this misleading statement to distract them from his votes against equal pay for equal work, to allow employers to limit access to birth control, and his support for the Romney-Ryan ticket."
- Brown Out-Fundraises Warren 4 to 1 in Central Mass
- Brown Warns Voters Tax Hike Will Cost Mass 100,000 Jobs
- Brown Warren Race May Decide Control of Congress
- Endorsements Piling Up for Brown and Warren
- NEW: Scott Brown Calls for Bipartisan Effort to Restore Economy
- Brown Collects Three Times the PAC Money of Warren