NEW: Supporter Allegedly Removed from Murray Fundraiser
Thursday, December 13, 2012
Susan Record, who had planned to attend the fundraiser, told GoLocalWorcester she approached Murray outside of the Beechwood Hotel prior to the start of the event to ask about cuts in funding to shelters for homeless families and domestic abuse victims that recently went into effect.
Record alleged that Murray told her to put her donation in and then she could ask him her questions inside. When she refused to make a contribution until after the lieutenant governor answered her questions, Record said that Murray told the event's security guards to remove her from the property.
Record then departed after waiting for her family members, who had already gone into the fundraising event, to return.
"I just wanted to find out from him what his views were on this issue," she said. "Apparently he didn't like what I was asking him."
However, a spokesperson for Murray said they had no record of the alleged incident having taken place and that the lieutenant governor did not know Susan Record.
- If Patrick Becomes US Attorney General - See How the Cards Fall
- NEW: Gov Patrick Calls for In-State Tuition for Illegal Immigrants
- NEW: Gov Patrick Cuts Budgets to Close $540 Million Shortfall
- NEW: Murray “Would Like to Be Governor”
- NEW: Murray Elected Leader of National Lt. Governors Association
- NEW: Murray Joins CSX for Opening of New Westborough Facility
- NEW: Lt. Governor Murray: Transportation ‘Critical’ in Massachusetts
- Grace Ross: Patrick’s Christmas Hypocrisy