NEW: Obama Endorses Warren for Senate
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
"Elizabeth Warren will be a strong, tireless and determined advocate for the people of Massachusetts, building on her remarkable record of working to help middle class families get ahead," said Obama.
"Her life's work has been helping ordinary Americans get the fair shot they need and deserve. Elizabeth's passionate advocacy on behalf of consumers led to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. The agency is now protecting people from being taken advantage of by powerful companies. I know I can count on Elizabeth to stand with me to create jobs and opportunity for the people of Massachusetts and keep our country moving forward."
Obama appointed Warren to set up the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the new federal financial watchdog that she advocated for prior to her Senate run.
"I am honored to have President Obama's endorsement and eager to work with him to help the people of Massachusetts and to level the playing field to help middle class families get ahead," Warren said.
- NEW: Warren Campaign Releases New TV Ad with Obama
- Obama in New Brown Ad, Will It Swing Dem Voters?
- Will Lack of Obama Enthusiasm Hurt Warren?
- Zach Braff Stumps for Warren in Worcester
- Endorsements Piling Up for Brown and Warren
- NEW: Gov. Patrick Endorses Elizabeth Warren