NEW: Warren Lands Banking Committee Assignment
Thursday, December 13, 2012
The Harvard Law School professor also received assignments for the committee on aging and the health, education, labor and pension committee. The Democratic Steering Committee approved committee assignments on Wednesday for Democratic senators in the 113th Congress.
“I am excited to work with the members of our expanded majority. Our caucus is more diverse than ever, with a record sixteen female Democratic senators serving in the next Congress,” said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. “These committee assignments will allow all members of our caucus to bring their unique talents and expertise to bear as we work together to advance the interests of the middle class.”
The anticipated committee assignments are subject to approval by the full Democratic caucus and approval of an organizing resolution by the full Senate when the 113th Congress convenes in January.
- NEW: Warren in Debt After Record Campaign Spending
- Grace Ross: How Banks are Destroying Our Property Values
- NEW: Webster Bank Rolls Out New ATMs
- Warren Calls On Brown to Send Banking SuperPAC Packing
- GoLocalTV: Warren Answers Questions About Lack of Spending With Women Businesses
- Warren Possible Presidential Candidate in 2016 Says HuffPost
- Will Warren’s Bank Committee Appointment Slow the Economy?