Warren Supports Harry Reid on Romney Tax Returns
Tuesday, August 07, 2012
When asked if she supported Harry Reid (D-NV) in demanding Romney come forward and publicize his tax returns, Warren said, “I think this is an important point of public principle – that for every year he was in public service, he should release his tax returns,” she said. “I think that should be the arrangement. If he started in public service, started running for governor in 2002, he should release them from then on. He’s been running ever since.”
Romney has been under fire recently for refusing to make the returns public, yet Reid has also taken criticism for his allegations that Romney is neglecting to publish these due to a bad record.
“I just think it’s important to release the taxes. That’s the right way to draw the line. If you’re in public service, the public has a right to know,” Warren said.
Warren said of former Governor Romney’s track record, “I was not a fan.”
Warren demanded that her opponent, Senator Scott Brown (R-MA) release his tax returns as well.
“I think Scott Brown should release his tax returns for all the years he’s been in public service. He’s been in public service for twenty years, then he should have twenty years of tax returns.”
Warren spoke to the group about the importance of the race and about their challenging opposition.
“This is a neck and neck race,” Murray said, bolstering the crowd to make grassroots efforts. “This race is critical to the future of the country, and that’s not hyperbole, that’s true.”
“We know we’ve got a fight on our hands,” Warren said. “I will be out there every single say fighting for what I know is right. We all know exactly why we’re here and exactly how important it is.”
- Tim Cahill: The Brown-Warren Race Hasn’t Gotten Ugly… Yet
- What the Polls Are Saying About Brown v. Warren
- Will Lack of Obama Enthusiasm Hurt Warren?
- NEW: Warren Stands By “You Didn’t Build That” Comment
- Will Brown-Warren Deliver Bipartisan Promises?
- NEW: Warren Raises $8.67 Million in Second Quarter
- NEW: Republicans Hammer Warren for Misleading Response
- NEW: Warren Supports Campaign Transparency Bill
- Celebrity Donors to Warren Campaign