Bill Randell’s FlyORH: It’s Time To Rebrand ORH
Thursday, September 05, 2013
Massport, however, needs to come up with something to rebrand the airport. Let’s face it, when someone says Worcester Airport, the don’t automatically come up with positive images. Either you get fogged in there all the time or it is 100 miles from the highway.
Changing the name to Worcester Metro-West Boston Airport is not the rebranding that I have in mind either. This name change was not only considered, but was actually approved when the City of Worcester still owned the airport. I also do not mean a new updated Facebook, Twitter or some other social media outlet.
A new face
We need a spokesperson for the airport to tell people about the reinvented Worcester Airport to change. A hometown person telling people the benefits of Bbying local and the reasons why they should FlyORH: new owners (Massport), new airlines (JetBlue), No tolls, no traffic, no tunnels, and the opportunity to support the home team. Massport, here are my suggestion to be the ORH spokesperson.
- You don't get more Worcester than Bob Cousy. Holy Cross NCAA champion, 6-time World Champion with the Celtics, and has lived in Worcester for as long as I can remember.
- Actress and singer Alicia Witt
- Dennis Leary, who has already done tons of work for the Worcester Fire Department and the Leary Foundation
- For the Latino demographic, Edwin "LaBomba" Rodriguez
- Worcester native JD "Dave" Power
- Local radio personality Jordan Levy
The next six months will determine a lot about Worcester Airport’s future. We have done so much to get to this point; let’s do a better job marketing all the great news coming out of Worcester Airport to ensure it’s success.
Bill Randell is the President of Advantage Benefits, an insurance brokerage house specializing in employee benefits with an emphasis on health insurance, based in Worcester since 1992. He can be contacted at Bill@AdvantageBenefits.com or follow him on Twitter (@FlyORH).
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: A JetBlue TrueBlue Member Speaks His Mind
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: A Young Flyer Wants To Earn JetBlue Points
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Bring Allegiant Back to Worcester
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Fly JetBlue From Worcester To Bogotá?
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: JetBlue Points Don’t Expire
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: JetBlue Prices At ORH On Target
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: JetBlue’s New TrueBlue Badge
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Let’s Get Professional With Worcester’s T1
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Should We Buy JetBlue Points?
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: What Worcester’s Airport Needs Right Now
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Your JetBlue “To Do” List
- FlyORH: The JetBlue Inspiration For Worcester’s Airport
- FlyORH: Worcester Civic Leader Juan Gomez on JetBlue + Puerto Rico
- NEW: FlyORH Launches JetBlue Poster Contest