Charlie Baker Visits Central Mass. Business Expo
Thursday, October 03, 2013
“I was out there in part because I wanted to chat with some of the small businesses in Central Massachusetts that were presenting up there, and talk with some of the manufacturing businesses,” Baker said. “Central Massachusetts has a bright future in manufacturing.”
Business is Key
Baker said he learned a lot at the Expo and that it aligned well with his three areas of concern for Massachusetts: to create more jobs, to improve our schools, and to build great communities. Small businesses are a key factor, Baker said, on all three of those fronts.
“Small businesses turn into medium sized businesses turn into large businesses,” Baker said. “It was a very informative and helpful visit and I’m looking forward to spending a lot of time in Central Massachusetts in the next 13 months.”
The expo, which showcased local small businesses and included several seminars for Central Massachusetts’ business owners, featured a keynote address by JetBlue President and CEO Dave Barger, as well as addresses by former Senator Mo Cowan (D-MA), and Life is Good Cofounder and Chief Creative Optimist John Jacobs.
The annual event is one of the largest business-to-business expos in New England and features exhibitors from several industries.
- Gomez Reverse Gun Position May Split GOP
- Who Would You Vote for Governor: Baker or Coakley
- NEW: Democrats Hit Charlie Baker on the Eve of His Announcement
- Arthur Schaper: Markey-Gomez: Can A ‘Different’ Republican Win?
- Don Roach: Latinos Are The Key to the Republican Revolution
- MA State Rep Candidate Claros Praised By ‘Rabid Republican’
- NEW: Mass. Republican Frustrated Over Sales Tax Rollback Defeat
- NEW: Republican Sean Bielat In For U.S. Senate Race
- NEW: Republicans Hammer Warren for Misleading Response
- Paul Giorgio: Obamacare, The Debt Ceiling + Tea Party Republicans
- Paul Giorgio: Republicans Hit A New Low
- Republican Brian O’Malley Kicks Off Campaign for 15th Worcester District
- Republican Party Blocks Local Delegates
- Republicans Gear Up For Governor’s Transportation Showdown
- Rob Horowitz: House Republicans Hold Debt Ceiling Hostage—Again
- Rob Horowitz: Republican Orthodoxy on Marriage Equality Cracking
- Sullivan Releases Attack Ad Calling Gomez an “Obama Republican”
- Tim Cahill: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly of the Republican National Convention
- Voter Engagement Higher Among Republicans, Slightly Down Overall
- Which Republican Will You Vote For in the US Senate Primary Election?
- Worcester County: 2nd in Republican Donations