Massachusetts Adds 13,500 Jobs in November
Friday, December 19, 2014
The November 2014 estimate shows that 3,355,800 Massachusetts residents were employed and 207,800 were unemployed fora total labor force of 3,563,600 - an increase of 17,600 from the October 2014 report.
Since November 2013, Massachusetts has added a net of 59,600 jobs; with 57,400 jobs added in the private sector. The total unemployment rate for the year is down 1.3 percent from the November 2013 rate of 7.1 percent.
Industries such as Education and Health Services, Financial Activities, and Professional, Scientific and Business Services saw some of the largest gains in job creation: Education and Health Services added 3,900 jobs; Financial Activities added 2,600 jobs, and Professional, Scientific and Business Services gained 1,600 jobs over the past month.
BLS also revised its October job estimates to a 1,600 job gain from the 1,200 gain previously reported for the month.
For more information please contact Ann C. Dufresne, Communications Director at the Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development at 617-626-7121 or [email protected].
Revised BLS CES jobs estimates now include jobs in Health Care that cover services to the elderly and disabled persons that were not previously in this series. The changes begin in January 1999.
Beginning with the March 2011 estimates, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) has assumed responsibility for the production of the CES State and sub-state jobs estimates. BLS has also implemented methodological changes which may increase the month to month variability of the estimates. See Changes to procedures for producing Current Employment Statistics (CES) State estimates.
Local area unemployment statistics for November 2014 will be released on Tuesday, December 23, 2014. The preliminary December 2014 and revised November 2014 unemployment rate, labor force data and jobs estimates for Massachusetts will be released on Thursday, January 22, 2015. See the 2014 Media Advisory annual schedule for a complete list of release dates.
Detailed labor market information is available at www.mass.gov/lmi.
- Julia Steiny: Economy To Youth: Make Your Own Jobs
- NEW: MA Adds 7,500 Jobs in Aug., But Jobless Rate Remains at 7.2%
- Which States Are Stealing Jobs From Massachusetts?
- In Case You Missed It: Which States Are Stealing Jobs from MA?
- NEW: Massachusetts Added 18,500 Jobs in September and October
- People Of Color Shut Out Of Worcester’s Best Government Jobs
- Grace Ross: Healthcare: The Latest Excuse To Cut Jobs
- NEW: Massachusetts Adds 2,800 Jobs But Unemployment Up To 7%
- The 25 Top Highest-Paying Jobs In Massachusetts
- In Case You Missed It: Highest Paying Jobs in Massachusetts
- NEW: Massachusetts Added 300 Jobs in July
- See Which New England States Will Generate the Most Jobs in 2014
- Medical Marijuana Users in Massachusetts Could Lose Their Jobs
- Mass Unemployment Rate Drops to 5.5 Percent, Adds 3,700 Jobs in June
- NEW: Unemployment Drops to 5.6 Percent as Mass. Adds 9,100 Jobs
- WPI’s Camp Reach Teaches Girls About STEM Jobs, Mars Exploration
- Mass Unemployment Rises to 5.6-Percent, Adds 13,800 Jobs in July
- NEW: Massachusetts Lost 5,300 Jobs in August
- NEW: Massachusetts Adds 8,100 jobs in March, Unemployment Down
- NEW: Massachusetts Added 3,800 Jobs in February
- In Case You Missed It: Medical Pot Users in MA Could Lose Jobs
- See the List - The Top 20 Deadliest Jobs in New England
- The Deadliest Jobs in New England
- Massachusetts Added More Than 55,000 Jobs in 2013, Most Since 2000