Worcester Chamber Proposes New Utilization & Economic Opportunities for Union Station
Sunday, March 11, 2018
The proposals will be made at the Chamber’s October 19, 2018, Game Changers: Next Big Idea Expo and Conference.
About Union Station, the report says:
“The first of these issues is the Union Station 2.0 report which explores our need to fully leverage the economic development opportunities at Worcester’s Union Station. We welcome ideas and feedback as the Worcester Redevelopment Authority and City Council’s Economic Development, Public Service & Transportation and Traffic & Parking subcommittees review these issues.
Union Station 2.0 represents an effort to generate discussion around the commercial utilization of the intermodal transportation hub serving Central Massachusetts.
The report serves as a snapshot of Union Station amidst renewed optimism within the downtown area.
Union Station 2.0 highlights the infrastructure and transportation assets of the transportation hub, including seven retail spaces with a total of 15,176 square feet available. An estimated 600,000 travelers use Union Station annually and there is an opportunity to take advantage of the activity at Union Station coupled with the $2.6 billion invested into Worcester by developers and nonprofits in recent years.”
- Worcester Chamber to Highlight Progress of Entrepreneurs During Demo Night
- Worcester Chamber to Discuss Repeal of Obamacare at Business & Politics Forum
- Worcester Chamber Promotes Three, Adds Business Development Professional
- Worcester Chamber Opposes Legalizing Marijuana Ballot Question
- The Hanover President Eppinger to be Honored by Worcester Chamber
- Worcester Chamber to Host 2017 Career Fair at Worcester State
- Worcester Chamber to Announce Winners of StartUp Worcester 2017
- Worcester Chamber Announces Leadership Worcester Class of 2018
- Worcester Chamber Hosts North West Ireland Delegation to Discuss Expanded Trade
- Worcester Chamber to Hold Seminar on Business Reporting Requirements