Coming Monday: New England’s Best Hospitals Rated By Patients
Friday, January 04, 2013
Utilizing reams of data from a government-sponsored survey of more than 50,000 patients, GoLocal's analysis will reveal the top hospitals in each state that do best by their patients.
Patients--the voices that matter most
The analysis is based on The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) survey that asks a random sampling of patients to rate and assess their hospital experiences on 30 separate measures, including items such as how well nurses and doctors communicated, how responsive hospital staff were to patient needs, how well the hospital controlled patients' pain, and the cleanliness and quietness of the hospital environment.
GoLocal's analysis of these responses and weighting into a proprietary formula yields this new ranking of 179 hospitals in the region.
Where's your local hospital rank--at the top or at the bottom? Tune in on Monday.
- UMass Memorial Losing Millions for Readmission Penalties
- UMass Memorial Lags Behind Peer Worcester Hospitals in Nat’l Safety Scores
- The Best Hospitals in Central MA
- St. Vincent’s Hospital Unveils the CyberKnife
- GoLocalTV: Nurses Picket UMass Memorial
- NEW: Nurses Union Files Unfair Labor Charges Against UMass Memorial