5 Live Music Musts: Friday, September 13th
Friday, September 13, 2013
Each week, GoLocalWorcester highlights five of the best concerts that weekend within an hour's drive (because we know music lovers will make the drive!). Here is the list for this weekend.
Sturbridge Roots and Bluegrass Festival
Saturday, there’s a new festival in the area –the Sturbridge Roots and Bluegrass Festival on the Sturbridge town common. The festival features well known local and national artists including the Blackstone Valley Bluegrass, Boston’s own Les Sampou, and banjo extraordinaire Tony Trischka. Best of all, it’s a free family festival with lots of activities for the little ones- the fun begins at 2PM on the green. Click here for the complete schedule.
The Bull Run Restaurant continues its tradition of bringing great national talent to Shirley. On Saturday, be sure to check out rocker Willie Nile. The singer/songwriter recently released “American Ride,” a critically acclaimed album. On Sunday, Grammy winning country star Suzy Bogguss appears. Her new album, “American Folk Songbook,” is a great collection of American traditional tunes. Click here for ticket information.
Sunday, be sure to catch Peter Wolf and his band the Midnight Ramblers at Indian Ranch in Webster. The J. Geils Band front man will play a benefit show along with a motorcycle ride benefiting the Cystic Fibrosis & Multiple Sclerosis Foundation. The concert begins at 2PM - Tickets start at $35.
Local Bands at Ralph's Rock Diner
On Friday, Ralph's Rock Diner is the place to rock with four great area bands. Check out Cooling Towers, Control Group. Rotating Strawberry Madonas, and Ambush. The music starts at 8:00 and goes till late!
Southside Johnny and The Poor Fools
Finally on Saturday, head over to The Natick Center for the Arts for a special show from Southside Johnny and The Poor Fools. You’ll hear some Southside favorites plus other classics from the Great American Songbook. Pegi Young and the Survivors open – late breaking news of her famous husband joining them on stage in Boston should make this a sure sell out!
- 9 Great Fall Foliage Road Trips in Massachusetts
- Fall Preview: The 20 Best Fall Events in Central Massachusetts
- Fall in Central MA: 25 Great Spots for Apples
- The Best Fall Festivals in New England 2013
- Landscape Now: Fall Is The Time to Restore Your Lawn
- MUSIC: Cleaves Brings Texas Heat to Fall River
- Paramore Latest Act Scheduled for Worcester’s DCU Center This Fall
- Grafton’s Josh Briggs: An Evolving Musician
- Hanover Theatre to Celebrate Legacy of Music Worcester
- MUSIC: New Bedford Folk Festival Brings The Heat
- MUSIC: Solid Sound Brings Harmony To North Adams
- Marlborough’s Sonic Titan: Music for the Metalheads
- Sturbridge’s Help Wanted Band: Country Music from New England
- Zack Slik Brings “Old-Time” Music to Worcester
- Worcester’s Shadowbomb Plays Music You Can Hear and Feel
- Worcester’s Neptune’s Car: Telling a Story Through Music
- Worcester’s Auntie Trainwreck: Enjoyable For Any Fan of Music
- Worcester Entrepreneurs Launch Second Hookah/Music Hotspot